Home

RTG Running Back (Power)

This is a discussion on RTG Running Back (Power) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What school for a power running back in RTG?
Wisconsin 9 50.00%
Auburn 1 5.56%
UConn 2 11.11%
Arkansas 2 11.11%
Miami 0 0%
Nebraska 2 11.11%
Navy 1 5.56%
Idaho 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #1
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3
RTG Running Back (Power)

I'm looking to start a RTG campaign with a power type running back and was interested in what you guys thought some good schools for that may be. No elite schools, I like being the guy that helps put the program back on the map after a lull (no Tex, Penn St, Ok, etc)

My first thoughts were that I could play FB at Navy, HB at UConn. One of my buddies (a Big Ten/Penn St. fan) recommended I try Wisconsin as he said they typically have a back of that style each year. After watching games last year and seeing some teams play the only others I could really think that would be good options would be Auburn (Bo, Brandon Jacobs, Rudi Johnson, Stephen Davis, Ronnie Brown, etc), Miami or Arkansas.

Anyone???

I think right now I'm leaning towards Wisconsin or Auburn and trying to compete with the Big Ten top schools or SEC top schools. Should make it challenging to rush against the likes of Michigan St or Florida.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
Rookie

grnmnky86's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTG Running Back (Power)

I love playing in the SEC but would favor Wisconsin over Auburn IMO. For some reason I always liked Wisconsin but mostly since they are supposed to have a good power run game with their Pro style offense over Auburn's Spread. Nebraska I think would be fun to do with a power or balanced runner.

If you look into a middle tier team Idaho uses a one back power run game supposedly like Alabama's.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah Wisconsin is ALL about the power back! TCU is another good place that likes to run the ball as well. Fresno State and Georgia Tech are good choices as well
Old 07-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
I'm looking to start a RTG campaign with a power type running back and was interested in what you guys thought some good schools for that may be. No elite schools, I like being the guy that helps put the program back on the map after a lull (no Tex, Penn St, Ok, etc)

My first thoughts were that I could play FB at Navy, HB at UConn. One of my buddies (a Big Ten/Penn St. fan) recommended I try Wisconsin as he said they typically have a back of that style each year. After watching games last year and seeing some teams play the only others I could really think that would be good options would be Auburn (Bo, Brandon Jacobs, Rudi Johnson, Stephen Davis, Ronnie Brown, etc), Miami or Arkansas.

Anyone???

I think right now I'm leaning towards Wisconsin or Auburn and trying to compete with the Big Ten top schools or SEC top schools. Should make it challenging to rush against the likes of Michigan St or Florida.
Why dont you set up a poll?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Word, thanks bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Question: When you compete in practice after you are first string, do you still have the ability to get stat points? (ie. speed +1 carrying +1 and on)

Also, during the week when you use your evening events to do things like study the playbook and you get awareness +5, is that just +5 for your next game, or +5 for just that season, or +5 for your entire career
?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
No, once you are the starter practice is worthless!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Couldnt edit my post, I'm doing this from my phone. That's only plus 5 for that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »