Home

CPU Using No Huddle Offense Too Much

This is a discussion on CPU Using No Huddle Offense Too Much within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CPU Using No Huddle Offense Too Much

I've only played two games, but in both of them the CPU (Texas A&M and Auburn) used the no huddle offense more than 70% of the time. I find this very unrealistic, and it makes it damn near impossible to make your defensive play call in time. I understand the strategy of doing it in real life, but it seems a bit overused in the game.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to reduce the amount of time the CPU uses the no huddle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: CPU Using No Huddle Offense Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProximMaximus
I've only played two games, but in both of them the CPU (Texas A&M and Auburn) used the no huddle offense more than 70% of the time. I find this very unrealistic, and it makes it damn near impossible to make your defensive play call in time. I understand the strategy of doing it in real life, but it seems a bit overused in the game.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to reduce the amount of time the CPU uses the no huddle?
I agree with you on this 100%.

I was playing Rutgers vs Duke and both teams ran 80%-90% of their plays in no-huddle. I've been looking for teams that don't run no-huddles just to play the game.

This is another thing that need to be toned down or be able to shut off.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

This is what college offenses do, they run no huddle so the defense can't make big assignment oriented changes. I don't get it people want realism then when they get it, it's too real for them. If you don't want them to run no huddle force an incomplete pass, it's not hard it's strategy.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

awesome how they replicate that.

it's funny because i've only played NE vs NE games, and 1 NE vs IA game. i haven't seen the no huddle ran once. in fact i kind of forgot about it.

ea's implementation of this is sweet!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

yea, this is kind of how the no huddle is run in real life.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

My complaint with it is that every team runs it like Mizzou. The only difference between no huddle teams is some look to the sideline after every play while other don't. EA needs to fix the issue of where the CPU snaps the ball as soon as they get lined up. The problem has been in the game for a long while now and hurts both the no huddle and all other styles of offense. Everybody should take at least 5 seconds at the line before snapping the ball unless its a team like Mizzou.

― Plato
Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProximMaximus

TAMU ran the second highest number of offensive plays in cfb in 2009 (1053 snaps in 13 games), while AU was tied for 21st (914 in 13 games).

http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/leader/...10/sort04.html
Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

Sounds realistic to me. If you saw OU with Bradford, i dont think Bradford even knew what a huddle was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »