Home

No Huddle Spread--Look To Sideline

This is a discussion on No Huddle Spread--Look To Sideline within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: No Huddle Spread--Look To Sideline

I think it's interesting because on the NCAA blog they hyped this realism of looking to the sidelines, but it requires extra button pushes to get realism, instead of extra button pushes to skip it. Seems backward.

Thanks for the tip though, at least I know it's possible now.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea, I think cancelling the audible is the only thing you can do. Its what I do in my Wyoming dynasty. I think its funny that when the CPU does it, they take more time off the clock than a Pro Style team does because when a Pro Style team lines up they hike the ball as soon as they get set, but the no huddle teams have to get set, then look thus taking more time.

A little ironic to me, but not a huge deal. I just counter it by picking my plays fast and hiking the ball as fast as the AI and when I use a no huddle team I look to the sidelines too.

― Plato
Old 07-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
A little ironic to me, but not a huge deal. I just counter it by picking my plays fast and hiking the ball as fast as the AI and when I use a no huddle team I look to the sidelines too.
The no huddle in college isn't just about speed though, that should be part of it but it's also the no substituting and confusion it causes.

Good points though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSharp
The no huddle in college isn't just about speed though, that should be part of it but it's also the no substituting and confusion it causes.

Good points though.
I know that, I was just stating how a Pro Style team will hike the ball faster than team like Mizzou who is all about geting to the line and geting the play off fast.

EDIT: I may actually be wrong now I think about it. i forgot all about the accelerated clock. The no huddle team probably hikes it faster on the play clock, but when it comes to getting set and hiking it, the Pro Style team is definitely faster the majority of the time on here.

― Plato
Old 07-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

It's not really that unrealistic.

In real life, the offense lines up, defense lines up, coach on sideline looks a defense and picks the play he wants to run based on what he thinks can exploit that defense, and audibles.

For what it's worth, I've had a lot of success on defense when I call in a defensive audible after the no-huddle offense audibles.

For instance, Y (on xbox), <- to "show blitz" (even in a non-blitz play), offense audibles, I then defensive audible into a Cover 2 or something. And vice versa. Pick a cover 2, don't show blitz, offense audibles, I then audible into a blitz.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Yea, I think cancelling the audible is the only thing you can do. Its what I do in my Wyoming dynasty. I think its funny that when the CPU does it, they take more time off the clock than a Pro Style team does because when a Pro Style team lines up they hike the ball as soon as they get set, but the no huddle teams have to get set, then look thus taking more time.

The point of the no-huddle isn't just to conserve game clock. The point of the no-huddle is to prevent defensive subs. Regardless of what team I'm playing with and their play-style or play-book, if I pick a formation that gives me a mismatch against the defense, I'm going to no-huddle one or two teams to continue to abuse the mismatch.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
The point of the no-huddle isn't just to conserve game clock. The point of the no-huddle is to prevent defensive subs. Regardless of what team I'm playing with and their play-style or play-book, if I pick a formation that gives me a mismatch against the defense, I'm going to no-huddle one or two teams to continue to abuse the mismatch.
I know that, but a team like Mizzou should not take longer at the line than a team like Michigan St.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I know that, but a team like Mizzou should not take longer at the line than a team like Michigan St.
I'm not familiar with Mizzou's offensive style so I can't speak for them, but I know that teams that run a no huddle don't necessarily run a hurry-up offense. Michigan often lets the play clock run down before the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »