Home

Do More ppl prefer run or pass heavy offense?

This is a discussion on Do More ppl prefer run or pass heavy offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Run or Pass heavy?
Run 28 44.44%
Pass 11 17.46%
Balanced 24 38.10%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do More ppl prefer run or pass heavy offense?

In all honesty, I don't have a style. I'll adapt my offense for whatever is working in that game. I've found on AA and Heisman, the CPU is fairly good at stopping one or the other, but never completely shutting me down. So for example, if I find USC is loading the line to stop my run - guess what? No huddle, air it out offense is used. If I find them dropping into zone and playing the pass - I'll run a steady stream of run plays.

So it varies. If the CPU sucks at stopping both, I'll usually run a balanced offense.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #18
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I like to run the ball a lot, but I use the Air Force playbook. I love the fact that with formation subs, I can put an option guy in the flexbone packages and a passing guy in everything else. You can play smashmouth, or the option game out of this playbook. I fall else fails and you get shut down, come out in shotgun and sling it around the field.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Obviously it depends on the team but I try to do 60/40 in favor of running if the pace and situation of the game allows it. With my UConn legacy I'm at about 70/30, my passing attack blows!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #20
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I use Oklahoma State (Air Raid offense), but I try to be as balanced as possible.

I'm all about being unpredictable with my play calls and trying to catch the defense off guard, especially when playing online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »