Home

What's your greatest comeback? Here's mine

This is a discussion on What's your greatest comeback? Here's mine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 19
What's your greatest comeback? Here's mine

Michigan State (CPU) @ Penn State (me)
Michigan State runs off a 24-0 lead. Penn State doesn't score until 3:50 left in the 3rd quarter. Michigan State scores only one more FG in the 4th. Newsome and Moye hook up on long bombs twice in the 4th quarter. Penn State manages to recover an onside kick, leading to the 2nd Moye TD catch. With time expiring MSU misses the game winning FG. Final score: Penn State 28, Michigan State 27.
Just goes to show you should never give up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What's your greatest comeback? Here's mine

The details escape me but I'll do the best I can..

NCAA 07 I believe it was. I'm down something like 10-6 to Notre Dame. Its the 4th quarters, about 2 minutes left, and I'm inside my ten yard line. I've struggled to pass all game, but finally, on this last desperate drive, I connect on pass after pass. I eventually scored a touchdown and won the dad gum game! Ok, so score wise its not impressive, but trust me, I was doing REALLY bad in the passing game until that point. Feels good man.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Down 35-7 middle of the 3rd vs Georgia as Arkansas.Ryan Mallett threw for 300 in the 2nd half and I won 42-35.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

Down 20-0 midway through the 3rd....Cuse (me) v BC....I was dominated overall. But go a few lucky breaks and ended up tieing it 20-20 with 1:15 left.....Sacked the QB and he fumbled at the 7 yd line...my SS picked it up for the TD.

This was just 3-4 nights ago. I had 134yds total offense V 443yds....It was also the 1st and only time i returned a Punt for a TD which tied the game.

#2 Instant Classic.....
Old 08-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's the first game of year 4 in my Kentucky Dynasty. I am playing @Michigan State, since they stole the national title from me the season before. Let me briefly explain...I lost one game the whole year in the regular season @ UT(go figure lol) and then rebounded to defeat #1 and undefeated Alabama in the SEC Title game...I jumped from 10 in the polls to #2 in the AP but only to #6 in the coaches poll...thus allowing 11-1 Michigan State to play undefeated OU for the national title game. Michigan State didn't even win their conference, what a joke IMO.

Anyways, so I go in there and have a young team, 6 true frosh(but talented frosh) on D and a true frosh RB along with a veteran O-line, QB, and WR. I jump out 7-0, and am dominating, ball control drives, and drive to their 10 and on 3rd and goal my slow QB scrambles to the 3, breaks a tackle and I attempt to dive/hurdle into the endzone. Long story short, they force a fumble, boom 7-7. I went down eventually 35-13 in the third quarter after two pick 6's I threw.

I then began to rally. I scored and got a 2 point conversion to cut it to 35-21. I then stopped them, after forcing a fumble at midfield and drove and scored again, so 35-28. I get another stop and score again, 35-34...but my idiot kicker misses the extra point. So with 215 to go I'm thinking, I'm in trouble. They pick up 22 yards on their first play and I use my first time out. They run it on first down, I stuff them, second down, I stuff them, and then on third down...the QB throws across his body and its INTERCEPTED!!!...my nickle back races down the sideline and scores with 1:20 to go I think. I scramble on the 2 point conversion and throw it to back of the endzone and my WR makes a diving grab.

That said, it wasn't over...they rally on 4th and 15 and complete a long bomb to inside my 30. They then get into another 4th and 11 I think and I bat it down in the endzone and was able to run out the clock. 42-35 final....29 unanswered, all in the fourth quarter, in only 7 minute quarters. I was moving fast in that quarter, great no huddle usage and using the sideline to get out of bounds. I have other classics as well.

Coming back from 28-7 down to SC to tie it at 35-35 only to lose on a 55 yard hail mary on the last play by 7.
Rallying from 31-14 down against Bama in the SEC title game only to lose a thriller 44-41 in OT.
A defensive struggle in SC where they tie it with 25 seconds to go at 14 all, only for me to throw a hail mary to my flanker racing down the sideline to score with 2 seconds left.
And my most recent, in year 4, I escaped GA with a 26-23 win on the road with a last minute TD, after choking a 20-9 lead away with 4 minutes to go.

Good times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Down 14 with 50 seconds left to play, I have the ball. I was Georgia, they were Arkansas. I scored on 2 quick passes to AJ Green, PAT.
Onside Recover, drive to the 15, its 4th down 2 seconds left I run a fade route to AJ Green, Touch down. Then I go for 2 and the win on a pitch to the right to win.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
Rookie

mbhammer0307's Arena

OVR: 0

NCAA 09 - Kent St. (cpu) @ Temple (me)

Kent St. totally dominated my team in the first half and I was down 28-0 at half time. I get the ball first in the third quarter and start working. I am able to tie it up with about 3:30 left in the fourth quarter and Kent St. scores another touchdown so its 35-28 with a little less than two minutes left in the game. I drive down, converting like two fourth downs and throw a 25 yd pass to tie as the clock expires. I then stop them in overtime and run a draw up the middle for a 25 yard td to win the game.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 21

Play Road to Glory as QB for Clemson. Playing the Textile Bowl (rivalry game) against NC State. the Wolfpack dominate the first half due to poor defense and poor passing decisions by myself and lead 28-3 going to the locker room. Come back out and Clemson dominates the rest of the game with great runs and great passing and the defense shuts down the Wolfpack attack. Clemson wins the game 28-31.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »