Home

Just had a 4* RB only come in at 64 overall

This is a discussion on Just had a 4* RB only come in at 64 overall within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Just had a 4* RB only come in at 64 overall

I have noticed 2 things. First, don't put too much emphasis on the overall rating. I had a RB rated 64 and the guy was outstanding. The second thing is I have seen significant improvement with players who are red shirted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmade Disaster
I have noticed 2 things. First, don't put too much emphasis on the overall rating. I had a RB rated 64 and the guy was outstanding. The second thing is I have seen significant improvement with players who are red shirted.
This is very true. In my idaho dynasty I had a 78 overall RB graduate and the next year was starting an 85 overall RB who couldn't play the year before cause he had been a transfer. I don't know what ratings he was so much lower in than the previous guy but I think it was acceleration. Don't remember the 1st guys ACC but the transfer's was only 81 and he just wasn't nearly as explosive and didn't put up near the numbers even with a slightly better oline
Old 08-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmade Disaster
That's very true. I've had a TE and a RB who have been very good players for me and both were 64 rated.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #44
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

I think my biggest complaint is how strange they come in. I had a 3* QB come in and he has 80 THP and 67 THA. He cant hit anything lol I have a kicker who was a 3* come in with 90 KPW and 70 KAC. My real complaint is awareness in Defensive players. Ive noticed with the recruit on defense now they have really low AWR like in the mid 40's to mid 60's.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
Full backs and kickers come in with lower star ratings than their overall rating tends to imply (when compared to all the other positions).

I've never seen a 5 star FB/K/P. And only rarely have I ever seen a 4 star.

In fact, if you create a Kicker or Punter with 99 kick power/accuracy and 99 awareness, making him a 99 overall (and leave everything else at 40), he'll be a 4-star. Now, maybe if you pumped other stuff up, he'd be a 5-star...but as far as I know, 99 ovr kickers are still just 4-star.
True, but once in my UNC dynasty I landed a 5 star athlete, one of the best recruits on the team, and he turned out to be a FB. He was like an 82, but still really disappointing since I already had a good FB. I guess I should have looked at his ratings to see what position he would play, but I was just so excited about a 5 star athlete being interested in me I didnt even check his stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #46
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'm going to have to be careful and not give up on the low guys - for at least one year anyways. Some nice info here guys. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »