Home

2nd Patch Broke the CPU Running Game and the Sliders for it

This is a discussion on 2nd Patch Broke the CPU Running Game and the Sliders for it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: 2nd Patch Broke the CPU Running Game and the Sliders for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
I am using PM's sliders on Varsity and then running game is the same. Some games I can shut it down and some games the CPU will run like a good team should.. I have played 40 games since the patch and don't see the problem.. Have you tried PM sliders?
I tried playing a game on Varsity and the cpu had no rushing success. At this point everyone will have their own opinion on the cpu rush game. Some might think it's OK while others may think it's too good or too bad (like me). Either way I'm still convinced that those two sliders, cpu run block and human rush defense, are so watered down that they are virtually useless.

For me this has ruined the game on AA to the point where I will experiment with Heisman. If that fails I will delete the patch and deal with the dynasty progression issues.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 36

I use PM's varsity set, and have been recently trying to edit it so the CPU will rush worse on me. Mark Ingram was getting 180 yards on me which was cool, but then Arizona's HB put up 200 on me, and so did Boise State's HB Avery when I was V-Tech. So I think it's been the exact opposite for me since Patch #2.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #19
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Eh, CPU just killed me with Ohio State in my Dynasty. In fact, I had to turn Run Blocking down because it was just getting crazy. I hope my run D isn't getting that bad!!

CPU actually seems to be doing a better job of running on me. I guess it is one of those things. I have noticed that I am not running so well after the patch. I might have to adjust something for that, maybe turn up run ability.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:36 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Well I've come to the conclusion that the second patch has completely broken the cpu running game and it's mainly because it broke the cpu run block and human rush defense sliders. They simply don't work anymore. That's why I saw the cpu running game take a hit once the 2nd patch came out. Those two sliders do not work anymore.
I don't know if the sliders are broken or what, but I do believe 1) This last patch is not what the developers intended, or it had consequences the developers did not expect 2) The developers are aware of the problem 3) There will be a new tuner released relatively soon that will address the problem. It sucks, but I don't think its time to jump ship on this game just yet.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:29 AM   #21
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

It's been hit or miss for me. I started out my fifth season of my Louisville dynasty with a modified version of SN's AA sliders, and I led the nation in rushing defense giving up -10 yards in 3 games. Now, I will add that those games were against Kentucky, FIU, and Memphis, I switched to a 3-4 a few years back and have two first team AA DEs and a second team AA DT (big 310 lb guy) and decent LBs, I always set the D-line to aggressive, I blitz a lot to try to cover up my terrible secondary (my recruiting has been jacked up for some reason, forcing me to have only 4 CBs under 75, a SS starting at FS, and a quick OLB starting at SS), and I therefore also led the nation with 15 sacks through 3 games, leading to a lot of negative yardage.

I was unhappy with the sliders as a whole, so I switched back to PM's Varsity sliders, and had much more realistic numbers, giving up 98 yards rushing to USF. Again, I had like 3 sacks, so add about 20 yards to that. But I should also add that they had a 68 yard run at one point, meaning outside of that, they got about 40 yards off of about 20 runs. It's better, but still not great.

I've also noticed that human sweeps are much less effective now. They used to be almost an exploit for me, resulting in my leading rusher in year 3 of my dynasty being my slot receiver (1200 yards and like 12 yds/carry). Post-patch, they're almost universally ineffective. At first I blamed it on the lack of a decent TE to seal the edge in year 4, but this season I got a fantastic 85 OVR TE that can seal the edge, and I noticed that ever since the patch, the receivers immediately let the corners by them on a sweep, almost in unison. I've seen it over and over again, where as soon as the sweeping receiver gets outside, the blocking receivers immediately get beat at exactly the same time resulting in a 2 yard gain at best. Anybody else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
I don't know if the sliders are broken or what, but I do believe 1) This last patch is not what the developers intended, or it had consequences the developers did not expect 2) The developers are aware of the problem 3) There will be a new tuner released relatively soon that will address the problem. It sucks, but I don't think its time to jump ship on this game just yet.
I really, really hope you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
I've also noticed that human sweeps are much less effective now. They used to be almost an exploit for me, resulting in my leading rusher in year 3 of my dynasty being my slot receiver (1200 yards and like 12 yds/carry). Post-patch, they're almost universally ineffective.
Outside runs are a lot tougher now. I do have a lot of problems myself but I still get some good runs here and then. I prefer this post patch than pre-patch. Maybe they can even it out a little more in the third patch (which I hope they are working on).
Old 08-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Outside runs are way better now. They may have slightly overreacted, but I have had a mix of slight losses, 2-3 yard gains, and big (10+) yard gains. It's much more realistic than before, when I counted on getting a 5 yard minimum gain.

Back to the CPU run game, I don't feel like this is broken. I had a good RB take an 80 yard sideline run to the house on me yesterday. Never happened (or even threatened to happen) before the patch. They also seem a lot better at running the option - it doesn't go for a loss EVERY time, anyway.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #24
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

I just played my first game post patch in my UTEP dynasty and Memphis State ran for nearly 200 yards against me, and their longest run was 30 yards or so, so it's not like they got all their yards by breaking on big 99 yard run or something. Granted, UTEP's defense isn't the greatest... but neither is Memphis's run game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »