Home

Anyone else enjoy gameplay post patch?

This is a discussion on Anyone else enjoy gameplay post patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #73
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Anyone else enjoy gameplay post patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Zones seem to work best if you get good, quick pressure. Thus I like to call zones with at least five rushing (or a regular zone, and break one guy off to manually blitz) - and make sure that I'm controlling a pass rusher and not a coverage guy. But yeah, I agree that the coverage needs to be beefed up. I don't know if it can be patched but it should be a point of emphasis for NCAA 12 - improving that AI.
I do this too. Just sitting back in a soft zone gets you killed.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 10

just want to throw my support in this thread too for the post patch game. i was walloped by tennessee in my last game of the year cuz i made mistakes, pre patch i would have found a way to win even tho i didnt deserve it. the game is more challenging now. the only complaints left tho i feel are fairly serious. playaction being 90% ineffective and 80% detrimental is actually a severe glitch that needs to be fixed. it doesnt, however, break the game.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #75
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Don't know if things are different on the 360 side of the fence, but the varsity CPU running game seems healthy. But not for the right reasons. Too many defenders getting blown up to quickly, running away from the ballcarrier, and wiffing with arm tackles. It's like they're panic-mode sets in at the opening kick off.
I've noticed that too. There are some weird things going on at times on Varsity. I've been on Man, Cover 2 where the CPU throws a deep ball and my safety will run, then stop, then run again to try to catch up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #76
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Here are the stats from my 1st dynasty game of my 2nd season.
Nebraska suffers a 14-24 loss at home.
The game was fun as all hell!

Nebraska (HUM) Minnesota (CPU)
1st Downs 30 18
3rd down efficiency 44.44 14.29
4th down efficiency 0 100
Total Yards 396 323

Passing 155 216
Completion Attempts 15 - 25 17 - 22
Yards Per Pass 6.2 9.82

Rushing
Rushing Attempts 37 17
Yards Per Rush 4.05 1.76

Turnovers 1 2
Fumbles Lost 0 1
Interceptions Thrown 1 1

Possession 28:06 12:26

Honestly, after all the negativity for the 2nd patch I was horrified of what the game was going to bring, but to me the game seems to be playing as well if not better in my opinion.

For what ever reason this year in NCAA i'm really enjoying the struggles i've had. My first season, i was a turnover machine, and lost 4 games, this season i lost the first game out of the box.

I think for me with recruiting being able to be done from a PC, it has added a lot to the game for me. When I struggle on the field, at a position it almost become a team need for me.

It's safe to say I fully enjoyed my game last night.

Also, does it seem to anyone that there is more depth or clarity to the graphics?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #77
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

How are you guys saying the game is more challenging after the patch when slants are automatic? Are you not throwing slants at all? I'm beginning to think I'm playing a different game than everyone here.

People say not to use "cheese" plays, but the fact of the matter is that any pass that cuts to the inside of the field is a "cheese" play. Something is wrong when I can take Central Michigan into Oklahoma and throw for 400+ yards on AA. I even bumped the cpu pass coverage up to 100 and it makes no difference. CPU coverage over the middle is broken post patch, pure and simple. There needs to be a tuner set that fixes this problem asap because just about everything else in the game post patch is perfect.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #78
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
How are you guys saying the game is more challenging after the patch when slants are automatic? Are you not throwing slants at all? I'm beginning to think I'm playing a different game than everyone here.

People say not to use "cheese" plays, but the fact of the matter is that any pass that cuts to the inside of the field is a "cheese" play. Something is wrong when I can take Central Michigan into Oklahoma and throw for 400+ yards on AA. I even bumped the cpu pass coverage up to 100 and it makes no difference. CPU coverage over the middle is broken post patch, pure and simple. There needs to be a tuner set that fixes this problem asap because just about everything else in the game post patch is perfect.
It's been like this since the beginning, I hate to say. The main issue is playcalling, which has yet to be addressed.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #79
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14

i notice it a little, but last night i was also overthrowing a bunch of my slant routes.

i actually can't wait to play again tonight.

just when i start thinking something is becoming easy in the game, the game proves me wrong.

i do understand that throwing for 400+ against OU is a bit crazy though.

last night i was 15 - 25 passing. 60%

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 4

In response to the thing about the slant routes - I throw them at times but not that often. My natural tendency is to play a sim-style offense, mixing up run and pass, different kinds of routes, throwing to different areas of the field, etc. The only times I don't do this are if I notice particular plays almost never work (which is why I very seldom call play action in this game, sadly); and if I'm on a critical 3rd or 4th down, I will obviously call something that I think works a high percentage of the time.

But just because I've seen slants are pretty effective doesn't mean I test the theory by calling all passing plays and always having a slot receiver on a slant route. I guess I just don't have that mentality - it's more fun for me to run an option or try a screen or something on the next play. The only things I sometimes run up and down the field are up-the-gut runs when I feel like my o-line is overpowering the other team, and I think real football teams will do that a lot. I have noticed that I used a quick slants formation a lot on 3rd and medium or short, and I've gotten intercepted there a couple times - but that's out of ace formation so the slants are being run by my primary receivers, not the slot guy. That could be the reason that the coverage is better, I dunno.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »