Home

Do you start your game over when you get a season ending injury to your star player..

This is a discussion on Do you start your game over when you get a season ending injury to your star player.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #25
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Do you start your game over when you get a season ending injury to your star play

There are not enough roster spots for me to play with injuries on. Having to cut depth every year makes it pretty pointless to try and rely on depth because of random injuries. I always turn injuries off and use formation subs to make the stats evened out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do you start your game over when you get a season ending injury to your star play

I've always found that when I restart the game, my star player gets hurt again. It's almost like the game is saying "I don't care how many times you restart, your boy is getting hurt."
I just deal and switch up strategies.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #27
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

no there no point in restarting takes the fun out of dynasty.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

i dont mind injuries at all but they happen far too often to the QB and HB. I got a great transfer from alabama (using Troy) and waited the year for him to play... hes finally on, first game, 3rd play - out for 12 weeks. There is no way.

That is the 8th dynasty Ive played and there has only been one season (not dynasty, a season - probably 16+ seasons) where my QB and/or HB did not go out for 7+ weeks.

I restarted that game. That was just too stupid. 11 games in, he got hurt again for the season - I could live with that.

I do not think it is just bad luck. It is like the guys are made of chalk.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just lost Christian Ponder for the rest of the year. EJ Manuel isnt bad tho.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 32

I like injuries because it forces me to use and test me depth.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 08-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25

Hell no man...What the point? Injuries happen...Gives another player a shot. Worked pretty good for WARNER and BRADY.

Right now in my Miami/BYU dynasty, i have lost BOTH starting RBs for MIAMI, #2 WR Byrd for the year and my starting MLB for 10 weeks....BYU is down to their 3rd CB and back up SS and i am pretty thin on the DL....Good stuff if you ask me....

Still managed to visit FSU and WIN by a late FG in the pouring rain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #32
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't either. It happens in football and it makes you have to work and coach. It hurts bad when it's a senior; but if it's an underclassmen then he has the chance to return and make up for it. Me and my best friend were playing a dynasty and I was Washington. I lost Jake Locker during the 3rd game for 9 weeks which put him out until the Bowl game. We're having a Franchise in Madden right now(im the Panthers and he is the Cowboys). I lost DeAngelo Williams for 7 weeks with a Partially Torn PCL and my best friend lost Tony Romo for 5 weeks with a Herniated Disk. It's hard being a coach sometimes lol.

When I lost Locker and put in the backup, he was a better runner than passer and it forced me to change my offensive gameplan a little bit. It's fun and it hurts at the same time.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 08-16-2010 at 06:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »