Home

Controller Problems & Anger Management

This is a discussion on Controller Problems & Anger Management within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 11:10 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Controller Problems & Anger Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Aiight, raise your hand if you've tossed or replaced your controller. I threw mine into the ceiling fan last night. ALL because of NCAA 11.
I can say with all honesty that "NO" video game has made me want to throw my controller around. Is something wrong with me???? Lol
Old 08-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

I absolutely shattered my black ps3 controller on ncaa 10. To the point where i needed a broom to clean it up. NCAA 11 has gotten me REALLY close but somehow that $60 price tag pops in my head just before i let her fly. A good thing i guess.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #35
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Aiight, raise your hand if you've tossed or replaced your controller. I threw mine into the ceiling fan last night. ALL because of NCAA 11.
"Sheepishly raises hand" Into the ceiling fan! Sheesh! I just slam mine onto the floor. I've lost many a PS2 controller that way. I'm trying really hard to make sure I don't do that with my PS3 controller though since they are twice as expensive as PS2 controllers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I can say with all honesty that "NO" video game has made me want to throw my controller around. Is something wrong with me???? Lol
You must have very good self control or an exceptional amount of patience, 2 things that I am sorely lacking in

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30

Last edited by BurghFan; 08-31-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #36
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I have had a problem, but not a broken controller, more like tendon damage in my right thumb from using the 360 controller while playing NCAA Football 11.

I was playing NCAA Football 11, went to throw a bullet pass to my WR and felt a very sharp pain in my right thumb. It got so bad I went to the doctor and was told I had damaged the tendon in my thumb. I have to wear a brace on my right hand for 4-6 weeks but hopefully won't have to get surgery as long as it heals on it's own. The doctor has kids himself, and when he asked me how I injured my thumb he told me he was familiar with the controllers out today and I wasn't the first person that came to him with a hand\finger injury because of using the 360 controller. He said that it is because of the way the buttons are, that they are hard plastic and don't give at all when pressing on them that causes problems for some people.

Trust me, pretty much not being able to use your right hand in general, plus not being able to game, for 4-6 weeks really sucks. My injury may have been a fluke, but I am almost afraid to play the 360 after my thumb heals.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #37
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_thumb

I've had a bit of this myself from playing to much PS2/3. I didn't get any structural damage though, just numbness and tingling (parasthesia) in the tip of my thumb. Just had to lay of the video games for a few days and it went away.

I did manage to get an overuse injury in my right index finger though. Was when I first got FUEL for the PS3 and kept playing it because I found it so addicting. I guess because the throttle was R2 as opposed to X which I was used to for other racing games, my index finger wasn't used to having to exert so much constant pressure and became overworked. That took a couple weeks before it stopped aching.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30

Last edited by BurghFan; 08-31-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #38
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan81
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_thumb

I've had a bit of this myself from playing to much PS2/3. I didn't get any structural damage though, just numbness and tingling (parasthesia) in the tip of my thumb. Just had to lay of the video games for a few days and it went away.

I did manage to get an overuse injury in my right index finger though. Was when I first got FUEL for the PS3 and kept playing it because I found it so addicting. I guess because the throttle was R2 as opposed to X which I was used to for other racing games, my index finger wasn't used to having to exert so much constant pressure and became overworked. That took a couple weeks before it stopped aching.
Dang. I have been gaming for 30 years and this is my first real injury. I have strained I assume muscles in my fingers\hands before and after 2-3 days I was fine, but this is my first long term injury (4-6 weeks and wearing a brace).
Old 08-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #39
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I broke Super Nintendo controllers in frustration when I was a kid because I knew my mother would buy me another one. I would just tell her it stopped working. These days I buy my own stuff and pay my own bills. I don't have 50 bucks to throw away. No not at all.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

I set the world record for disk toss once, but never broke a controller. I think it was NCAA 1998 or somethink like that. Whatever version it was where the Defensive linemen would jump up and catch the ball almost every time and intercept the ball when they were 1 inch away from your qb.

Anyway, I pulled the lid open, grabbed it while it was still spiining, walked out the door onto the back patio and threw it like a ninja star. It sailed about 100 yards over a line of oak trees and I never saw it again. I took 2 years off of video games after that. Not going to let something that is supposed to be fun ruin my day any more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »