Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #57
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th

Just finished reading the list, which is very awesome, and it could be the patch we've been waiting for.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 26

Now THAT is what I like to hear. Although will this take effect in current dynasties or what? Please don't tell me I have to restart.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #59
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins4ever
yeah, first the Awareness stat doesn't affect non-QB players and now they bump it up for all incoming recruits

hmmmmmmm.....

Also, will these stat bumps and progression fixes prevent CPU teams from putting players out of position years down the road?

It's really hard to try to call defenses and seeing the offensive formation in the huddle as "3 QBs, 1WR, and 2 DTs"
If say WR were at LB on the depth and WR ratings in LB categories didn't progress then this patch should lessen or fix the issue as those LB will now improve more thru out the season and offseason and pass the WR. If players progress just across the board and not position specific then the patch likely wouldn't fix this issue at all.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 09-03-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #60
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5
Thumbs up Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th

Yes!!!!! C'mon guys, I half kid but do you really have to ask if the patch will effect in-progress dynasties?? All the previous ones have.

No doubt this is the best football game ever now!!!
In game saves next year and the closest thing to perfection will be accomplished!!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #61
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Any idea what this means?

"- Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen."
team prestige plays a part in player progression. I guess they just tuned how much it effects it since they raised the starting ratings for incoming freshman.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #62
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

This is great news! I just started a new dynasty, but will now wait until the patch is out to play the first game...

They didn't mention the CPU recruit logic or depth charts, probably because this issue would only be addressed by admitting that the player position change for the CPU is either not working, or the AWR rating ABSOLUTELY DOES affect every player, which contradicts their earlier statement.

Still no mention of the number of passes batted down by DL and LB's, (which in an AA level, 8 min quarter game can reach over 10). And it's likely not to change since the post mentioned man coverage route jumping, not zone play. Most of the batted balls I've seen come from LB's in zones who happen to be "perfectly placed".

But all in all, this is very welcome news and just shows that even though EA has a monopoly partnership with ESPN and college football, they still need it to be right by us.

Now, it's going to be a tough weekend of either shelving the game or playing RTG.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #63
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
team prestige plays a part in player progression. I guess they just tuned how much it effects it since they raised the starting ratings for incoming freshman.
Thanks! That actually makes sense.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabredj
Yes!!!!! C'mon guys, I half kid but do you really have to ask if the patch will effect in-progress dynasties?? All the previous ones have.
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought I had read that people had to restart dynasties before. Is it standard for NCAA to force a restart to get an update or is that unusual? I m very interested as I was planning on picking up a 1 start new team (go army...) this weekend, but I may stick out 1 more season with USF.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »