Home

Boise and VT Unis

This is a discussion on Boise and VT Unis within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #33
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Boise and VT Unis

I really don't see why these aren't in the game in the first place. When the NHL has alternates that aren't revealed yet, they are put in the game but locked until they are revealed to the public, then EA puts out a "jersey code" and you enter it, and wham bam the jerseys are unlocked.

Why can't they do this with NCAA?
Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 AM   #34
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I liked VT's Unis especially the flat black finish on the helmets (same with Mizzou's). It looks military grade like saying they're all business.

Boise State's was alright, but definitely not the best of the Pro Combats. That distinction goes to TCU IMO.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:04 AM   #35
Rookie

klumdat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearDaRaven
That may have been the two most Gawd Uwful uniforms EVERY to be on a football field at the same time. THANK GOD next week is Bama vs. Penn State so we can end the "fashion show" and get back to what matters - FOOTBALL.
They were playing FOOTBALL! They just had different uniforms (AWESOME uniforms).

..****Sh Um...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #36
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
I really don't see why these aren't in the game in the first place. When the NHL has alternates that aren't revealed yet, they are put in the game but locked until they are revealed to the public, then EA puts out a "jersey code" and you enter it, and wham bam the jerseys are unlocked.

Why can't they do this with NCAA?
That is different because in the NBA and NHL the uni's are controled by one group(the league) and they gave EA and 2K the heads up on the designs before hand and don't allow them to release them until a certain time. In the NCAA the university themselves control when and where thier uni's are seen and there are about 4 different companies making the uniforms. So unless the school lets EA know about the changes before the cut off they won't be in the game.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #37
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't mind the pro combats. They're not my favorite or jerseys, but I like some of them.

But really, is there a huge difference between Alabama's pro combats and their normal jerseys? It seems like every teams pro combats are somewhat different, besides theirs.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #38
It's Far From Over...

bbolo84's Arena

OVR: 28

It would be awesome if EA came out with Nike Combat unis, but in all honesty I don't think I would be willing to pay for it. I remember the good old days when this stuff was FREE since you just paid $60 bucks for a game. oh well
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #39
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by klumdat
VT's unis are sick! Boise's unis are nice too but I think if they had the Bronco sticker on both sides of the helmet, it would look better.
Possible the worst jerseys...period! Black jerseys have never ever looked good. Just too dark for my eyes, like Boise St.'s field. Now, Boise St. looked ok, but their regular unis are better.
"There are enough flaws with this game (NCAA 10) as it is w/o people believing that the game will rape your girlfriend, knock up your mom and steal your identity before jumping out the window screaming..."Season Showdown Rules, Bitchesssssssss!"
- DonohoFlnkr
Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #40
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
I don't understand the hate for uniform experiments. The game of football changes. Why not make the uniforms change as well? I know I prefer the current default UF unis to the old school ones that had the block F on the helmet that they wore against bama in 2006. A lot of kids that PLAY the game even like the uniforms. They're the ones that wear it, their opinions should matter. I even read a quote from one player that said he almost committed to Oregon because of their crazy uniforms.

They like to roll in style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni Watch's Paul Lukas
...the whole Pro Combat program is so silly, trying to critique it via conventional standards seems pointless. Making a big fuss over it would just further legitimize it. I prefer to think that Nike’s approach here (i.e., corporate lifestyle branding masquerading as team branding, and merchandising masquerading as school spirit) pretty much speaks for itself...
Lukas later went on to make the point that the whole "Pro Combat" marketing angle, complete with promotional materials provided for the media on flash drives shaped like dog tags, is in remarkably bad taste when you consider that we have young men fighting and dying in an actual war in Afghanistan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »