Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Live Tuning Pack 4

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Live Tuning Pack 4 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 28
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Live Tuning Pack 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Agree with Lakers... Pass rush on Heisman is non exsistant.... The rest of the game is awesome.
I agree. Not to mention, zone defense needs some work.

Outside of that, best football game in years....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why do they want in season to only go up +1 for a whole season?

I find it very realistic for possibly a couple young guys on your team to get a lot of playing time, have a good (unexpected) year, and possibly go up +5 over the course of a season.. This is not unrealistic at all, and i would imagine every single team in real life sees guys go up dramatically over the course of a season.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #43
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe882
Why do they want in season to only go up +1 for a whole season?

I find it very realistic for possibly a couple young guys on your team to get a lot of playing time, have a good (unexpected) year, and possibly go up +5 over the course of a season.. This is not unrealistic at all, and i would imagine every single team in real life sees guys go up dramatically over the course of a season.
+5? No thanks. I think the current implementation is a bit weak, but they don't need to go overboard either. Hopefully there is a good balance found sometime before NCAA 12 is released.

I also believe that AWR and skill ratings should be the only things progressing during a season.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
+5? No thanks. I think the current implementation is a bit weak, but they don't need to go overboard either. Hopefully there is a good balance found sometime before NCAA 12 is released.

I also believe that AWR and skill ratings should be the only things progressing during a season.
so you dont think that irl certain players will progress greatly over the course of a season? i'm not saying the whole team, but surely there are surprise players on each team every year.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #45
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe882
so you dont think that irl certain players will progress greatly over the course of a season? i'm not saying the whole team, but surely there are surprise players on each team every year.
A surprise player in my opinion means someone who has performed better than their "rating". They should reward great season performance with higher offseason training progression.

You could raise a player's AWR by 6-7 points and still only increase OVR by 2. The athletic ratings play a large role in the OVR rating and those should never change during a season IMO. You don't see anyone getting faster, quicker, or stronger during a football season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #46
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

This is weird. I thought the tuning sets were primarily to handle gameplay issues, but so far they've been dynasty-related. Not what I was expecting at all.

Please just give the CPU the ability to run out of the shotgun. I'm holding spread running teams like Oregon to 20-50 rushing yards. Pro style teams run just fine, though. That's the only thing on my wishlist.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #47
Rookie

silkysmooth's Arena

The psychic CPU defense on option plays is lazy and terrible. What's the point of a zone read play if every CPU defender knows where the ball is. Might as well just call designed run plays to a particular guy. Kills the fun factor of the game by a lot when silly little things get ignored. I personally don't care if my guys get smarter as the season goes on. I'd much rather have actual gameplay improvement.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #48
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDP3656backagain
I disagree completely. They need to do something about the 96 speed, 74 agility, 65 acceleration problems. Perhaps getting a 6 to 8 point progression in both of these areas would help. Until they fix this, dynasty is unplayable
LOL. Name me a player in NCAA history who has gotten 10% faster during a season. Players train in the offseason and that's where the athleticism progression belongs. They play and get banged up during a season.

This is ridiculous. The comment that dynasty is unplayable because of WR ratings is also ridiculous.

I hate the problems in this game just as much as the next man, but you're off the deep end with your comments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »