Home

What's the longest you went before a conference invite?

This is a discussion on What's the longest you went before a conference invite? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What's the longest you went before a conference invite?

I just transferred to Big Ten with Western Kentucky after 6 years of dominating the SunBelt Conference including 1 NC and two undefeated years and 2 heismans.

It took 5 years to get Kent State into the Big Ten, and only 4 to get Utah State into Pac-10.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #18
Rookie

The GOAT 1988's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Question 1: Do teams shift around in conferences aside from user teams? In other words, could a great CPU team in a small conference replace a bad CPU team in a big conference... Or does it only happen when at least one of the teams is user controlled?

I mostly ask because now 8 and 9 years into dynasty, some of the top teams in the NCAA are teams who are basically going undefeated in their horrible conference every season, and they play such a cupcake schedule it just perpetuates the dominance. Is there a chance I could see Vandy get kicked out of their conference and another team get moved in... without my user controlled team being involved?

Question 2: Do teams only move from non-BCS conferences to other BCS conferences, or do teams ever shift between two decent conferences? I did a lot of pre-dynasty moves with the Big East, and used a cupcake created team in the Big East, but now the Big East is sort of too small for me... I'm dominating my schedule every season (I am tied with the NCAA record for consecutive wins), and I'm wondering if the ACC or the Big 10 would ever give me an invite FROM the Big East? Both are BCS,t hough.
Question 1: I have not seen it in 7 years with my current dynasty nor on any previous versions so i doubt it. I know what you mean though, with Boise in thee WAC and TCU in the MWC they are in the Top 10 every year now bc they go undefeated or lose only one game.

Question 2: Other people on other topics have mentioned how they got invited to other BCS conferences, so im pretty sure its possible but probably tricky.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #19
Pro

Buke14's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumbsBruised
I am now in yr 7 with MTSU and haven't lost a game..AA adjusted sliders... i had a few close ones though couple in double OT and another in 6 OTs against Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. I won 1 NC beat TCU BY 4... I have 6 sunbelt Conferences Championships.. by now in 09 & 10 i feel i would of been at least in CUSA.. Has anyone dominated there conference but still stuck? i feel we are ready to go!
schedule tougher OOC games or bump those sliders up my friend.
Go Thunder!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #20
Rookie

ThumbsBruised's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buke14
haha.. i knew sum one was goin to say sumthin... leave it to a vol...haha.. its not like i dominate everyone.. i get real good games.. but ur right i have been avoiding Alabama and Penn State since they have scooped up every 5* possible... dont think we can hang wit em...
Old 09-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

How do you know what conference you're going to get invited to? My teambuilder team is located in Iowa and plays in the MAC, so I'm guessing I'll be going to the Big 10 one day, but I'm not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumbsBruised
I am now in yr 7 with MTSU and haven't lost a game..AA adjusted sliders... i had a few close ones though couple in double OT and another in 6 OTs against Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. I won 1 NC beat TCU BY 4... I have 6 sunbelt Conferences Championships.. by now in 09 & 10 i feel i would of been at least in CUSA.. Has anyone dominated there conference but still stuck? i feel we are ready to go!
That must've been an amazing game.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #23
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buke14
Haha... that was my thought too! In my dynasty I am using a TB Northern Colorado team, and I have gone 8-5, 8-5, 10-2, and 4-1 (lost at #20 Missouri 40-26) on some extremely tough modified Varsity sliders and Heisman recruiting level. I beat up the other teams in the Sun Belt, and I can hang with most teams in the nation except the top 10 teams who I get run over by. It is extremely realistic and I love it. I too am waiting for a conference invite, but I honestly hope it does not come for another year or so, so all the good recruits I am finally able to sign can get better and able contend with the better schools out there.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 09-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #24
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Is it confirmed that you cannot take a team from the BE or ACC and get them into the B10 or SEC?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »