Home

Is it FUN

This is a discussion on Is it FUN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is it FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out
the only way i can see this being any fun at all is if you schedule at least 2 of your OOC games vs major powers, IE notre dame or texas etc. every single year. otherwise what would be the point?

that being said i can almost certainly see myself doing a texas dynasty with OOC games being USC Notre Dame for major powers, and then say a CAL and Michigan State. No softies, with recruiting restrictions such as only recruit from texas, etc.
For me.....yes. It's new to me though. I graduated from SDSU last May and currently in my first semester at USC for my Masters. Using SDSU all my life, it is a nice change to use a good school haha. I am still doing an SDSU Dynasty as well, ask me a few years from now and I'll see if it still the same but for now its a new feeling.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I love playing as my favorite team (and I'm assuming that Michigan qualifies as a "top team"). I wouldn't like dominating everyone all the time, but that's what sliders are for. Hell, with sliders I could dominate everyone with Eastern Michigan or I could never qualify for a bowl game with Alabama. In the 5 years of my dynasty I have played in 0 national championships and I've won 2 conference titles. In addition to decent sliders, I always have ND on my schedule (who is a top 10 team now) and I always schedule a BCS buster and a BCS power (Alabama, Miami, Stanford, etc).

I'm sure everyone would love to play as their favorite team (what Michigan fan doesn't get a chill when they hear "Hail to the Victors" playing in the Shoe?) so make some decent sliders and you can play as them without worrying about dominating.

I've seen a lot of people on here winning more national championships with teams like Navy and San Jose St. than I've won with Michigan.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

what sliders are you using Jello?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Sometimes, when you're angry, it can be fun to load up NCAA and beat up on a cupcake team with a powerhouse.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #13
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I play with Bama in my offline dynasty. In the first season I played on AA with tweaked slider's and won the National Championship. I did have some tough games though (Penn St, Arkansas and Florida all gave me a run for my money). In year two, I decided to bump it up to Heisman and use FootballForever's slider's and I had a blast with those. I ended up losing to Florida and only dominated teams that I should have dominated. So yes it is fun, as long as you find the right slider's, anyways.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-24-2010, 02:17 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Yes. With the right sliders and customizing your schedule to where you're playing top teams, your games are just as challenging. Honestly, I've won more NC's and had more success with small schools than I have with power houses. It does take several more years though.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-24-2010, 03:13 AM   #15
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootheel221068
For those of you who are fans of the top teams (Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida, Texas, Bama, ect.)

Do you guys enjoy playing a dynasty with those teams and just killing the CPU all the time?
In short, NO.

I have a Florida Dynasty running though I won't finish it. It's not challenging, it's not that much fun. I think the lesser programs are much more fun and you grow to love the team you choose in a weird way (well I do to a small extent).

I didn't have the time for a 1-star rebuild, so I compromised and looked for a 3-star team to build to a 6-star team. I chose Cal and I am having a LOT of fun with them. Really enjoying it and cannot wait to get back in to it after having a few days off from it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Its fun depending on the sliders you use. Playing on Heisman with the right sliders can be very realistic at times. I used Wisconsin for 5 years and had a blast. My post seasons have ended like this:

Year 1- National Champions (undefeated)
Year 2- Won the Champs Sports Bowl
Year 3- Lost to USC in the Rose Bowl
Year 4- National Champions
Year 5- Won the capitol one bowl

I just accepted an offer from LSU and hope to have just as must fun.
Terps

GT "Bigdiesel06"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »