Home

Why does my team still suck?

This is a discussion on Why does my team still suck? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 02:49 AM   #25
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Why does my team still suck?

Noticed nobody mentioned this. In offseason progression, your players will either have slight improvement (+1 or 2), moderate improvement (+3 and higher), and ONE player will be most improved. There is no "title" in between moderate and most.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 03:24 AM   #26
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

In both my Nebraska and Arizona State Dynasties, I didn't get an "A" Overall team until after I had been a 6* team for at least 4 years. Even then I was still really a notch below the "blue blood" 6* teams like Alabama, USC, Ohio State,and Notre Dame, but I could at least compete with them.

IMO, if you're a new kid on the block, it should take a good decade or so as a six star team to really establish yourself as a one of the elites of the elites.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

my Duke dynasty in its 14th year is a juggernaut having won 4 national championships and for the past 4 or 5 years having a top 5 recruiting class.Having CA,FL,GA,TX,SC as pipeline states helps a ton,keeps the talent level high.It took 6 years for me to win my 1st title,another 4 years to win the next one and ive won the last 2.In past NCAA I would win with Duke in year 3 and every year after that.I really prefer this years game overall,it great

Last edited by Clinton56; 09-26-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well I started a dynasty with Indiana, a 2* team that is very similar to Purdue in terms of prestige. After my first season at 8-5 and a bowl win i was able to land the #6 WR in the class. It went down to the wire between me ND and michigan. He came in at 78 overall and is my #3. So, yes you can land big time recruits and smaller schools.

Also, if a player comes in at 75 overall for instance. Slap a redshirt on him, giving him 5 years to develop. If he increases 4 points every year, he will be at 95 overall by the time he is a red-shirt senior (if not better). From my first season of off-season training results most of my players went up 4-5 Points. There was the occasional 7+, or +1, which I like to see. BTW my facilities are B+.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Also By going 8-5 and achieving 2/3 of my goals, I moved up in prestige from 2 to 3. Year one as a 2* team no 4 star recruits were interested in Indiana. Year two as a 3* team i already have 5 4* recruits that have me in their top 5. So I honestly don't see the problem here.

You can get good recruits as the team gets better and more prestigious. You just can't expect every 4-5* player to come in 80+ and have a team full of 99's in 3 years.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #30
Rookie

talksnmaths's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Gold
I here you Talksnmaths. I have been running with Iowa, and just seems we stay relatively the same. In 6 seasons I haven't won a National championship, but have been to and won BCS bowls. My big time recruits, for example a 5 star running back from Illinois # 4 at his position, is lacking in talent compared to the #1 running back that Bama is stockpiling. I guess I just take it as it is, and say why would a kid from Palm Springs Florida want to play in a listless town like Iowa City. Underage drinking, and a great party town is all I can come up with.
Indeed. I can speak for Purdue's party scene personally and it was top notch I suppose we could always just buy a pipeline to California and Texas. My Texas pipeline seems to disappear and reappear. I gather that if you don't recruit enough in your pipeline states that you lose them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »