Home

Haven't lost in 4 years and can't make BCS title game

This is a discussion on Haven't lost in 4 years and can't make BCS title game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Haven't lost in 4 years and can't make BCS title game

Can't remember if it was '10 or '11, I had an undefeated CAS in the WAC play and undefeated Toledo Rockets team (MAC). IIRC Toledo had beaten Ohio State at the beginning of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #26

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
Your only hope of making the BCS championship game in EA's version of the BCS is if you go undefeated and all schools in higher ranked conferences all have at least one loss.

They do not factor in schedule strength at all.

Completely flawed, lazy programming.
I have to disagree with you here...This is pretty true to real life. An undefeated non-BCS team will never trump an undefeated BCS team IRL.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 12-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I have to disagree with you here...This is pretty true to real life. An undefeated non-BCS team will never trump an undefeated BCS team IRL.
hey Deegeezy do you still have your player speed chart for NCAA you posted awhile back?

if so can you provide me a link to it

Thanks in advance

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 12-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #28

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
hey Deegeezy do you still have your player speed chart for NCAA you posted awhile back?

if so can you provide me a link to it

Thanks in advance
Here you go man:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ion-chart.html

PocketScout also posted some useful info in there as well.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 12-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I'm not talking about non-BCS schools trumping BCS teams. I'm talking about an undefeated Big East, Big 12 or ACC team will almost always come behind a Big 10 or SEC school. Not just in the BCS...but also in the other polls.

For example, I was in the Big 12 and played an A+ schedule and beat 4 teams that were ranked in the top 15 and yet I was in 3rd place behind Alabama and Penn St which had beaten a total of 2 top 20 teams (Alabama had both).

Add in the fact that I had gone undefeated the previous year there is NO WAY that I would be behind those other schools if we were talking about real life polling.

The BCS is a flawed system but it does take into account factors such as human polls, computer polls, strength of schedule, etc. The EA system gives a fake BCS score which has absolutely nothing to do with actual schedule strength as PROVEN by the above scenario.

If you have made it to the championship game as a small conference it's only because all the other teams got beat OR as the number #3 team you play in a conference championship game and get a blowout you can jump a team.

Last edited by AbsoluteFury; 12-03-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:18 AM   #30
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Same thing happening to me in an 8-team OD I'm in now. We have custom conferences Big 12, SEC and ACC cuz of the championship games. I'm Ohio State but am in the Big 12. So I'm 10-0 now but only ranked 4th even though I have beaten 5 top 25 teams. The teams ahead of me are Bama, PSU and Wisconsin all CPU teams. None of those teams has beaten more than 2 top 25 teams.
Conference Strength should not be weighted more than strength of schedule.

IRL if Boise or TCU were beating that many top 25 teams per year there wouldn't be an issue with getting into a BCS Bowl. The problem with them is they only play 1-2 top 25 teams then have a cupcake conference schedule on top of it.
Its just lazy programming to use conference strength in place of strength of schedule.

But at least in my case it should work itself out by the end of the season. PSU and Wisconsin play each other next week so one has got to fall. Bama plays a one loss HUM Nebraska. I have to get through Nebraska and also win the Big 12 against an undefeated HUM Oklahoma.
If Bama does end up winning though and I or Oklahoma manage to stay undefeated but don't go to the BCS championship game because the Big 10 is rated a half-letter grade higher then that will just be ridiculous.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise

Last edited by brza37; 12-06-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #31
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

I think School Prestige also comes into play in the rankings.
In another OD I'm Arkansas (3-Stars 11-2) won the SEC Championship and I'm ranked 7th. There's nothing really wrong with that except that Georgia (5-Stars 9-3) is ranked 5th. One of Georgia's losses was a double digit loss to me. I also beat 3rd ranked Bama (11-1) and #23 Ole Miss. South Carolina, LSU and Auburn were also top 25 teams at the time that I beat them but they fell out of the top 25 near the end of the season.
My two losses came in the first two weeks of the season against #8 Ohio State (10-2) and #18 Texas A&M (8-3).

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #32
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

yeah im in a dynasty with 3 people and im florida (undefeated), and the other teams are texas (undefeated), and louisville (one-loss). The top 5 are ohio state, who just this week (week7) jumped undefeated florida and texas to go to number one. Then Florida, Texas, VT, Bama. The game definetly knocks against the big12.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »