Home

Will you buy NCAA 12 without the new conference alignments?

This is a discussion on Will you buy NCAA 12 without the new conference alignments? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you buy NCAA 12 if it lacks the new conferences?
Yes, but only if it includes the new conferences in 2011, then in 2012 of dynasty mode it includes those too. 4 5.26%
Yes, as long as we can fully customize every detail of the conference. 36 47.37%
Yes, I have to have the new NCAA every year. 13 17.11%
Absolutely not, that would be unacceptable. 23 30.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Will you buy NCAA 12 without the new conference alignments?

After seeing all the conference changes that we are going to see in the next few years, it had me thinking. Would I really spend my money on a new NCAA if it didn't have all the correct conferences?

I doubt I would. If NCAA 12 has the same conferences we have now, but has a better dynasty mode, gameplay, whatever, I still will not buy it. I wouldn't really gain much from buying it. NCAA 11 would be good enough.

Now, if NCAA 12 didn't include the new conferences, but we were allowed to actually customize our conferences, then I may. Instead of just swapping teams, if they let us set the number of teams, whether or not they get a Conference Championship, if they get a bowl bid automatically, etc. then I would buy the game.

How about you? Will you buy NCAA 12 if it does not include the new future conferences?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
As long as they allow for customizable conferences instead of just being able to swap teams it won't bother me.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 11-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Will you buy NCAA 12 without the new conference alignments?

As long as they get the changes for next season right then I would be in. There is still so much question over who is going where the season after, that i'm not sure how accurate it would even be. Allowing for customized conferences would be the best option for us users.

I also wonder how much of the lack of changing the amount of teams in conferences has to do with the programming and schedule making built into the game.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 11-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think it would be pretty unreasonable to think that EA won't include the 2011 conference alignments in NCAA 12. Now, will they include whatever is going to happen in 2012 into Year 2 of Dynasty Mode? Honestly, probably not. For one thing ... everything would have to be absolutely finalized loooonnnngggg before release. And I don't think that will happen.

But I'm sure that they would at least get 2011 right. Now, if they didn't, of course I wouldn't get the game. But if they didn't ... well, I don't think they'd sell very much either.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I voted for yes as long as you have full customization. Having the new conference alignment want keep me from buying the game. Now if they don't improve the dynasty mode all together then that will keep me from the game. I have not played NCAA 11 in over a month. I have bought the game every year since 98 but NCAA 12 may not happen for me. If EA want fix the problems they had with the recruiting classes then they need to give us the power to fix it. I also need to see improved game play. I was fine with game play out of the box but after 3 patches & 4 tuner sets I can't play the game at all. I tried sliders and to just play the game but I see no point. The game is just bad. I need for NCAA 12 to be much improved and to read people who say the same thing then after a few weeks I will look into buying the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree w/ the full customization. They'll probably get the 2011 changes (Nebraska to Big 10, Colorado/Utah to Pac 10, etc...) in for NCAA 2012, but beyond that it's tough. I think the best option is customizing the conferences...and not swapping a team. I mean "build your own conference". The cool way to do it would be to have a pool w/ all the teams and blank slates with the conferece names at the top, and then you just select each team and put them in the conference of your choice. that'd be sick. I assume there are no legal issues or copywright issues with that?
Old 11-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Full Conference Customization (I mean FULL, with conference name, # of members, division names + championship game location (if applicable) etc), All the FCS teams, and the ability to import as many teams as you want (including teambuilder) instead of just 12. Then you have a product I won't pass up.

If it's just a rehash of this year's game with little to no improvement and not all the conference changes, I'll take a pass.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

They way I see it, they'll have the correct conferences for next year, but not two years, as they change again. I'd rather have the realism for the first year, because after that, it's not real anymore anyways with fake recruits and progression.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »