Home

Power, Speed, or Balanced backs?

This is a discussion on Power, Speed, or Balanced backs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #25
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4
I prefer a balanced or speed back, but currently can't get one recruited to my team in our online dynasty. I have 5 power backs on my roster, 3 of them freshmen. I'm using Michigan and running with Oklahoma State's playbook. My #1 HB is a sophomore and averages around 70 yards per game with 85 SPD. He's had bigger games, but he also hasn't made it through a full game all season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Power, Speed, or Balanced backs?

Speed all day with good AGI and ACC. With good spin and juke attributes a shifty back can break as many tackles as a power back in this game. I've had so many 250+ yard games with Noel Devine it's not funny. I have nothing against power backs but I love burning defenders angles and I don't want to get caught from behind when I break free.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachMeHowToBucky
Anybody who says they dont see a difference and see power backs get knocked back, go use John Clay just once. He is just a horse.
Really because I have used Wisconsin from day one and I now have a 205lbs back who is better after contact than Clay was.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #28
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

I guess I'm the minority and prefer balanceed backs. I have a true sophomore back in my dynasty who isnt a speed or bruiser per se, but has solid hands, great pass blocking ability (I run a pro-style), and carries the ball 10-16 times per game. I play as FIU (year 3) and thus far he has ran the ball 106 times for 490 yards and 5 TDs. From the receiving end, he has 21 Receptions for 233 Yards and another 2 scores. Although those aren't lights out numbers through 8 games (3-5 ), he reminds me of a Joseph Addai. By the way, my guy is a 76 overall right now and is my only 4* recruit so far in 2+ years.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #29
Rookie

RjTheMetalhead's Arena

OVR: 1

Power. I hate speed backs that fall down after being tackled by a corner, or that fumble every time I touch the right thumbstick.

Had an Alstott-esque FB I converted to HB at South Carolina a while back.
Had 82 speed, 85 ACC, 95 Trucking, 86 Carry, and had really good hands(don't remeber his catch rating).
He broke all of Marcus Lattimore records for TD's and yards by his junior year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »