Home

BOTH QUARTERBACKS HURT..COME ON MAN!!

This is a discussion on BOTH QUARTERBACKS HURT..COME ON MAN!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: BOTH QUARTERBACKS HURT..COME ON MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensa08
Man!! After reading these replies, I feel pretty lucky!! I have never had both qb's go down in the same season of all these years playing, so I was like wow!! I like playing with injuries, but it does get frustrating. Robinson went down 2 times before getting knocked out for the season, so I figured something was going to happen to him, as I was running him ragged. When Forcier went down my jaw dropped. I didnt think the game would let both qb's go down at the same time. I thought wrong...lol Now Ive got my Freshman qb Gardner starting, so this will be interesting. I was using the Utah State playbook, but may have to tune it down a little. I was pretty excited cause the defense has been playing lights out also. I am about to leave work and go play against Indiana. We''ll see how the freshman does!!
Maybe he'll be great like my unlikely hero! Its fun to see. If he collapses, its pretty fun to find a solution. Once, with Rutgers, I found out that their TE is a MONSTER at QB through injury!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I had a big match up in my PSU dynasty last week, Top 10, me vs Nebraska. #3 vs #8.

I lost Royster for the season the week before, Boldin got hurt on the first drive and was done for a few weeks. Nebraska had lost Martinez before the game (broken vertebra) and Helu was injured for the season in the first quarter.

So the top four offensive players were out for the game, I won 10-7 in a horrible football game lol.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

It's football. Injuries happen every game. I've had QBs go down on consecutive plays, same thing with RBs.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
It's football. Injuries happen every game. I've had QBs go down on consecutive plays, same thing with RBs.
I gotta disagree...partly.
IRL guys get do banged around, nicked up, etc. But the extent (time) is most often a quarter/half, or out but will return next game. If we look back at this past real season you could probably name on one hand the 'stars' that went down for the season.
Guys get hurt, they're out for a game or two, then they're back. I'm not against this Injury thing in the game, I just feel it needs to be tweaked to more closely resemble real life.
The FS I mentioned in my earlier post that went down in wk-1 for 10-wks (w/ a Torn Pectoral, LOL, a really common injury, right?) JUST came back from "questionable" ... for the SEC championship game, wk 16. Five weeks of questionable? C'mon, that's not real.
And this happens every, single year.
Take guys down for a wk or 2. It would be more realistic.

I know it sounds like whining. Really, I'm not. I'm still able to keep up in the win column. This is simply an aspect of the game I feel the developers have over-judged.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Happened to me in my Stanford dynasty, I lost Luck in Week 8 for the rest of the season and Loukos the next game for 5 weeks. Had to start 3rd string Nunes and a back up WR for option plays.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
I gotta disagree...partly.
IRL guys get do banged around, nicked up, etc. But the extent (time) is most often a quarter/half, or out but will return next game. If we look back at this past real season you could probably name on one hand the 'stars' that went down for the season.
Guys get hurt, they're out for a game or two, then they're back. I'm not against this Injury thing in the game, I just feel it needs to be tweaked to more closely resemble real life.
The FS I mentioned in my earlier post that went down in wk-1 for 10-wks (w/ a Torn Pectoral, LOL, a really common injury, right?) JUST came back from "questionable" ... for the SEC championship game, wk 16. Five weeks of questionable? C'mon, that's not real.
And this happens every, single year.
Take guys down for a wk or 2. It would be more realistic.

I know it sounds like whining. Really, I'm not. I'm still able to keep up in the win column. This is simply an aspect of the game I feel the developers have over-judged.

Agreed. It is to the point in the OLD that I play in, that I do not even want to run with my RB due to fear of him getting hurt for the rest of the season. I think in the 7 or 8 seasons that we have played I have lost a star player (RB or QB) in all but maybe one of those seasons. I get that injuries happen, but to who and how often is what frustrats me. I never see my mid to low 80's RB, QB, or WR get injured it is always the players that are rated in the 90's.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
Agreed. It is to the point in the OLD that I play in, that I do not even want to run with my RB due to fear of him getting hurt for the rest of the season. I think in the 7 or 8 seasons that we have played I have lost a star player (RB or QB) in all but maybe one of those seasons. I get that injuries happen, but to who and how often is what frustrats me. I never see my mid to low 80's RB, QB, or WR get injured it is always the players that are rated in the 90's.
YES! And have you ever had one of your linemen go out with an INJ? I don't even pay attention to that Grade when looking at OL or DE/DT.
The injury thing has caused me to hoard RBs and QBs, even if one wants to transfer (not happened, yet; and I never promise playing time when recruiting), just in case. I automatically sub in 2nd RB the opening offensive series of 2nd QTR -- roll into 3rd and even 4th RB later in game -- for fear of my starter getting hurt.
[Perhaps that's worked out, I hafta admit, as my starter musta been always 'fresh' and won Heisman in landslide after team-record 2,300 yds and something like 40+ runs over 20 yds, including at least 3 90+ and a couple more 70+.]
Here's hoping there's just a little dialing back, not much is needed, of the injury thing for '12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #16
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I love when this happens to me. All these scenarios with injuries can happen. So when it does you just adjusts, anything can happen in real life so I like when these injuries occur.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »