Home

Banning 4-5 WR in Online Dynasty?

This is a discussion on Banning 4-5 WR in Online Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Banning 4-5 WR in Online Dynasty?

More defensive options are needed, not a ban on 4-5 receivers.

More types of quarters coverage out of dime, like quarters man, which is in Madden. Cover 2 Buc out of Dime. Dime flat, which helps zone against short stuff, etc.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
Can that average joe match the running %'s a real spread team put up with 4-5 wide sets? There is the problem.

You're calling cheese what a spread team basically does. With regards to QB scrambling, the problem isn't the humans doing it, the problem is the LACK of the CPU doing it. This is how a lot of teams make their bread and butter lately on offense, including the last few national champions. Running Shot Wr4 - Spacing once in a game on 3rd and 3 is NOT cheese.

It's no different than milking the clock. The Pittsburgh Steelers would have conservative set ALL the time, yet some here call that "cheese". Just use it when its in your situational arsenal. If it's 3 min left in the half and I am getting a drive going against a human or cpu, I will use it to try and run the clock to the half. It's not cheese at all.

Yes, zone coverage sucks in this game and slots are not covered effectively. The ONLY way to combat this is to control yourself and monitor what others are doing and call them out on it. The other major problem is the over blitzing of the CPU by the aggression sliders on the coaching side. It sucks we cannot adjust them in the online dynasties.

In other words, have fun and worry about yourself. Find others who feel that way and join them in the online world.
It's way to easy to throw out of 4-5 WR, no matter the D. Its way to easy to get 15-25 even in OBVIOUS passing situations. The dumb DBs and useless DLine are the reason.

You probably love the Verticals play and throw it to the slot WR each time.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
More defensive options are needed, not a ban on 4-5 receivers.

More types of quarters coverage out of dime, like quarters man, which is in Madden. Cover 2 Buc out of Dime. Dime flat, which helps zone against short stuff, etc.
ie create-a-play. I still dabble in HC09. If EA could port over that play creater system, update it with spread read option plays, 4-2-5 ect for college. I love watching NFL Playbook then going in and trying to design the defensive play I just saw.

Everyone knows the most common abused plays online in NCAA. It wouldn't take to long for guys to design schemes that stop that crap.

Also, we need to have the option to shade our DB's inside/outside, sit on short routes or play over the top on deep ones. Improving pass defense should be a huge priority for 12.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #12
Rookie

Mogar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
It's way to easy to throw out of 4-5 WR, no matter the D. Its way to easy to get 15-25 even in OBVIOUS passing situations. The dumb DBs and useless DLine are the reason.

They should take those plays out of the game, makes passing way to easy
Old 01-30-2011, 02:28 AM   #13
Banned

MachoFantastic's Arena

I think you should also ban formations with two WRs or less because it's too easy to run the ball out of them.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:29 AM   #14
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

It's nice the ad hominem attack you rain down.

Please google the differences between to and too. Instead of learning how its "way to easy to throw out of 4-5 WR", perhaps some English homework might help.

I digress..... Talk to the numerous folks in the online dynasty sub forums I've played. What you said could not be further from the truth. Most sane people can control themselves and not over utilize certain formations due to their propensity for success.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #15
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
It's nice the ad hominem attack you rain down.

Please google the differences between to and too. Instead of learning how its "way to easy to throw out of 4-5 WR", perhaps some English homework might help.

I digress..... Talk to the numerous folks in the online dynasty sub forums I've played. What you said could not be further from the truth. Most sane people can control themselves and not over utilize certain formations due to their propensity for success.
I type from a fckin iPad dude, I'm a typo machine... U mad I don't care?

You've obviously never play ranked games bc everybody immediately rush to use 4-5 WR, regardless of the situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #16
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I type from a fckin iPad dude, I'm a typo machine... U mad I don't care?

You've obviously never play ranked games bc everybody immediately rush to use 4-5 WR, regardless of the situation.
Problem solved.. don't play ranked games or random matches against people you're not familiar with. You should expect guys to abuse the AI to inflate their internet ego. I'm in an OD with Pielet and 10 other solid players and we have no problems with guys abusing money plays. Unfortunately, this is a video game and not real life, so there are limitations as to what the AI can do. I can guarantee for as long as there are video games attempting to emulate real sports, there will be flaws with the AI and ways to exploit it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »