Home

Scrambling=Fumble

This is a discussion on Scrambling=Fumble within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 21
Scrambling=Fumble

This has probably been discussed before, but has anybody noticed that scrambling with a QB almost always turns into a fumble. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's a scrambling QB or not, if I scramble and get hit, it's almost always a fumble.

Now, I would try sliding, but far too often they'll dive instead which ups the chances of fumbling as well (including one time when my QB dove, landed, and slid three yards and THEN lost control and the game upheld the challenge).

However, if it's a called run play, I don't have this issue. So I'm guessing they put some code in to have this happen to keep people from calling passes and then running around instead.

So anybody else experience this or do I just have crappy luck?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
Rookie

jcbarr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scrambling=Fumble

I have seen that very problem. Also when diving I have seen that fumbles happen a lot. I haven't noticed when running the option plays though so I tend to agree that there must be some sort of coding for when it is a passing play to cause this.

You aren't alone on this one.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

It is pretty much a requirement to use the "cover ball" button at the end of a run with the QB. If you don't, it's a fumble 90% of the time.

It's best to try to run towards the boundry and step out at the last moment.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
It is pretty much a requirement to use the "cover ball" button at the end of a run with the QB. If you don't, it's a fumble 90% of the time.

It's best to try to run towards the boundry and step out at the last moment.
That's the thing though, when I scramble, I'm usually holding protect ball the entire time but I still fumble seemingly more than half the time. And it's not even like it has to be a big hit or a strip, it's just a regular old hit, which is what really annoys me.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Banned

Rotax's Arena

OVR: 3

I qb slide everytime, just quickly tap dive. Don't press it just give it a quick touch. Go into practice and you'll get the hang of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotax
I qb slide everytime, just quickly tap dive. Don't press it just give it a quick touch. Go into practice and you'll get the hang of it.
That's how I typically do it, but the way the QB's lean forward before sliding makes me paranoid every time. Plus, there's the odd time it messes up and I dive and as always, fumble.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm using a scrambling QB 75% of the time but I've never had this problem... Just don't consistently take the big hits.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Lol 90% of the time yeah right...

I've never had that problem even with a pocket QB. They all fumble a equal amount.. Sure they fumble here an there but most of the time it's when your tryin to fight for more yards.

I had that problem with Tebow in last years game. That guy hardly ever fumbled and always took hits but in the game it was like 1/2 the time he would fumble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »