Home

BLOCKING!!

This is a discussion on BLOCKING!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
BLOCKING!!

All this extra talk is just that. TALK!! Where is the fixed blocking that is never there. Crash the line, spread the line, blah blah is wack. What about the freaking Fullback racing past oncoming D-linemen to the safety way in the secondary?

Or the TE's always whiffing the LB directly in front of them because the cheating cpu needs a 3rd down stop?

Or the Center whiffing the Nose tackle lined up directly in front of him to block a LB while your getting sacked by said Nose tackle?

BLOCKING, BLOCKING, BLOCKING!!

What part of this does EA not understand? Presentations are nice, but it's only to cover up the gameplay mechanics they DID NOT address and it will be screaming loud once the game is released. For the umpteenth year in a row.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: BLOCKING!!

As of now, we don't really know what parts of the game they've addressed besides tackling, they may have overhauled blocking, we don't know yet. So before creating this thread, you could've considered the fact that there's months before release and a ton of new info on the way, but creating a fuming post is more fun i guess.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 04-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
As of now, we don't really know what parts of the game they've addressed besides tackling, they may have overhauled blocking, we don't know yet. So before creating this thread, you could've considered the fact that there's months before release and a ton of new info on the way, but creating a fuming post is more fun i guess.
Look save it. Obviously you're new to the EA marketing plots. Each year they say this or that, each year there are tons of wishlists and complaints. I don't need you coming behind me policing my posts. I want to hear info just like you do. However, blocking is a MAJOR issue in all of their releases, and I'd rather hear about it than how much lighting affects the jersey. The game looks fine every year. Whooptie Doo. We know that already. Now tell us what we REALLY want to hear.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
MVP

dan_457's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabrwnhornet
Look save it. Obviously you're new to the EA marketing plots. Each year they say this or that, each year there are tons of wishlists and complaints. I don't need you coming behind me policing my posts. I want to hear info just like you do. However, blocking is a MAJOR issue in all of their releases, and I'd rather hear about it than how much lighting affects the jersey. The game looks fine every year. Whooptie Doo. We know that already. Now tell us what we REALLY want to hear.
Then why are you bothering since you obviously know what's already going to happen? Just because you want to hear about blocking now means nothing, I want to hear how/If Dual Threat QB's have been improved, yet you don't see me creating a presumptuous thread because I can. They have their marketing in place, like every year, be patient and wait.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 04-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Then why are you bothering since you obviously know what's already going to happen? Just because you want to hear about blocking now means nothing, I want to hear how/If Dual Threat QB's have been improved, yet you don't see me creating a presumptuous thread because I can. They have their marketing in place, like every year, be patient and wait.
Look I'm not turning this into a childish squabble. I'm an adult, don't tell me what I need to do. This is what I'd like to hear about. I don't care what you choose to do in life, or wait for, I spoke for what I'd like to hear about. Who do you think you're talking to?

According to your logic there are no need for wishlists, as all eople need to do is WAIT till next year. Find another thread to post in. If you don't care to read about things concerning videogames, find another website.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Look I'm not turning this into a childish squabble. I'm an adult, don't tell me what I need to do. This is what I'd like to hear about. I don't care what you choose to do in life, or wait for, I spoke for what I'd like to hear about. Who do you think you're talking to?

According to your logic there are no need for wishlists, as all eople need to do is WAIT till next year. Find another thread to post in. If you don't care to read about things concerning videogames, find another website.
Boy I sure miss how the OS forums were a couple of years ago...
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
MVP

dan_457's Arena

Quote:

To the contrary, you are trying to turn this into a childish squabble, all you've posted are assumptions and accusations, and never once was there a hint of discussion, just a thread so you could complain, not constructively criticize, but complain. Anyway, I'm not getting into a pissing match with you so have fun.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 04-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

The OP brings up a good point.

Though the thread should have a clear topic to stick to rather than childish squabbling.

I too would like to hear about blocking. IF tackling is no longer the old slide into position, I do not see why EA could not translate the coding (with the needed adjustments) to blocking as well.

Now to the point brought up by the OP. The blocking was very good last year in the vanilla 1.0 version. It wasn't until the updates I noticed my offensive tackles abandoning the linemen or blitzer lined up on them for a playside secondary player.

Now I do agree that after the patches and tuners that the blocking was ruined, as I saw in my Army option offense. I have noticed numerous times my backside OT abandon the linemen/blitzer to go after a playside linebacker, which left my quarteback getting hit right as he takes the snap.

Edited for some grammer mistakes. Pesky grammer.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

Last edited by Kaiser Wilhelm; 04-22-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »