Home

Accelerated Clock!

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Accelerated Clock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Accelerated clock was included. The playclock always ran 8-10 seconds off either before a huddle or after it. I noticed this in one of the early hype videos for NCAA 11 and asked about it and those were the times Russ or Ben gave me.
This is not accelerated clock.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

its not perfect but its a variation of how long it takes from the end of a play to get into a huddle. im not sure how madden works, but a run off between the end of the next play until you get into the huddle makes the most sense.

i think when madden initially did it they had a run off after you broke the huddle which didnt really make sense to me.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
This is not accelerated clock.
Accelerated Clock: Runs off a certain amount of time to simulate huddling up and calling the play.

NCAA 11: Runs 8-10 seconds off the clock every time you huddle to simulate getting the play called in.

Seems like it to me.

― Plato
Old 04-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Hopefully if there is accelerated clock, you have the abilty to catch the defense off guard. You cant really snap the ball until the defense is set up. If you look at teams like Oregon and Auburn they caught opposing defenses off guard alot.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I don't understand lol. Games already end darn fast with 5 minute quarters so why have ACC clock on all game?
A lot of is around here don't play 5 minute quarters. Some play somewhere between the 7-9 minute
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
A lot of is around here don't play 5 minute quarters. Some play somewhere between the 7-9 minute
I play 10-12. Mainly for better defensive stats
Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #23
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the purpose of the accelerated clock gets lost. I am surprised more people aren't clammering for a better job on this. It's the only way to get games to sim out correctly regarding time, and it's never been done right.

Without accelerated clock, you can come up to the line with 20+ seconds on the play clock and completely change your play. Totally unrealistic. Football should be somewhat of a chess match, and the ability to completey change your play and assign hot routes to every receiver destroys this. It would be better if you got up to the line, made a read on the defense and had to quickly decide what to do. For the most part, accelerated clock additions have gotten this part right. Where they fail is not doing it quite enough. Gamers should be able to play 15 minute quarters and have a realistic number of plays called. Accelerated clock simulates the time required between each play, from whistle to next snap. In real life, teams cannot get back to the line as quickly as they do in video football games, and that is where the problem is. The biggest area where this is noticeable is the last two minutes of the half. This lasts an eternity and is almost equivalent to basketball possessions. It's just wrong. I can't tell you how many times I've been playing, up by a score with just over a minute left... the other team has no timeouts and the entire field to drive and yet I know there is too much time on the clock for it to be a factor. Not right. The computer can run a play and be back to the line in five seconds.

Accelerated clock, if done correctly, would allow for 15 minute quarters, the correct number of plays, and the abilty to play the games in approximately an hour.

Of course, you should always have the option to play without it...
Old 04-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ive been asking for this for a few yrs now so please ea put it in. im one of those that would love to play 15 min qrts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »