Home

NCAA FOOTBALL 12 Dynasty Thread!

This is a discussion on NCAA FOOTBALL 12 Dynasty Thread! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA FOOTBALL 12 Dynasty Thread!

As always I will run with Maryland.

If they have truly fixed the 3-4 defense (doubt it as one would think they would talk about it along side zone defense) than I may go 3-4 D. If it is still broken 3-3-5.

On offense I will stick to running something of a run heavy WC offense.

My recruiting is always the same.
FS- Ed Reed clone type player. pure cover guy
SS- undersized LB
LB- one pass rusher, one cover guy, MLB run stopper
CB- look for shutdown corners
DL-run stoppers

QB- pocket passer with strong arm. I will not accept a starter with <88 THP
RB- good combo of size and speed. Acc. is most important for me. Needs to be a workhorse
WR- one possession guy who can go over the middle, one speed guy for a big threat.
TE- blocking. Unless a big time receiving shows interest.
OL- run blocking priority

My first priority is a RB. Then if I am running 3-3-5 I want a FS. If 3-4 pass rushing LB
Old 05-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #58
Rookie

alphaguy5's Arena

OVR: 0

Virginia Tech, as usual.

Then Michigan, then someone else, usually a mid-major team.
Lions
Packers
Fulham Football Club

Old 05-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #59
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

Michigan.. Duh (charlie sheen voice)

As much as I hate to say this, depending on Denard's passing attributes he can't/won't be my starter. When I get a QB that can run like Robinson, I completely abandon my gameplan and run way too many times. It's kind of like my mind says look for your primary, and if he's not open, become *cough* sCam Newton and run. I also think that I could have fun developing Gardner up.

For my other dynasties, I always usually go for a team that is utterly terrible. Last year on '11 I had a ton of fun with SJSU. In years past, I've had a few Ball State dynasties, and they were alright. I'm not that far away from Ball State, so it's pretty cool. Hopefully, I'll find a lower level mid-major team that's not too bad to play with.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #60
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpain2345
As usual start out as UGA, build them up to the point where 5* recruits pay me to be on the team and I'm winning MNCs without even playing a snap

then out of nowhere the genius coaching prodigy that I am declines a contract extension worth $550million over 10 years to be the new head coach at the United States Naval Academy, where I start from scratch and build a powerhouse.. and repeat until the game tells me I'm too good and that I should go outside
I like the way that you think sir. Cept I would go to Army. Any restrictions that you are going to impose upon yourself at navy? IE what recruits you can go after and the Service Academy rules of not allowing redshirts?(Yes I know about the prep schools for the academies)

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:22 PM   #61
Banned

tpain2345's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaticus
I like the way that you think sir. Cept I would go to Army. Any restrictions that you are going to impose upon yourself at navy? IE what recruits you can go after and the Service Academy rules of not allowing redshirts?(Yes I know about the prep schools for the academies)
Oh you know I run a tight ship, keep it realistic and only recruit the finest young men to play for me, then I turn them into superstars. Redshirts get thrown overboard, the best players gets the most PT, oh and nobody leaves for the NFL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #62
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpain2345
Oh you know I run a tight ship, keep it realistic and only recruit the finest young men to play for me, then I turn them into superstars. Redshirts get thrown overboard, the best players gets the most PT, oh and nobody leaves for the NFL
Hahahaha. Keep it tight sailor. Ill stick to the land.

Question for you though. Once you get such an amazing dynasty going at navy, what are you going when the 5*s are paying their way to get there like they did at UGA?

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Not sure which team I will select. It will be determined by the Dynasty/RTG blog(hopefully this week).
With Custom Playbooks(CP), I will build a Run-First(65%) team. I will try to have a Wisconsin-like Online. I will have Mobile Strong Arm QB, Pass Catching and Blocking TEs who can play FB too, Big Physical WRs.
I will build a Multiple Defensive team with CP. I will recruit Front-7 players who can play both 3-4 and 4-3. I will recruit physical shut down corners. Cover FS and a Big Hitting SS.
After looking at Rosters on ESPN(even though It wont be the same), I will start a Dynasty with Memphis or Temple regardless of CC or not. Both of them have big OL, WR, CB who fit my scheme.

Last edited by illwill10; 05-08-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #64
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

With Coaching Carousel, I'll play as someone like Western Michigan. Assuming there is no Offensive Coordinators, or Defensive Coordinators. If thats the case, I'd probably be a Defensive Coordinator for someone like UCF.

Without a Coaching Carousel, I'd play as the Florida Gators who would still be kind of a rebuilding job.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »