Home

What Questions Do You Want Us to Ask in the Developer's Chat?

This is a discussion on What Questions Do You Want Us to Ask in the Developer's Chat? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
What Questions Do You Want Us to Ask in the Developer's Chat?

Hey guys, the developer's chat is on Friday (5-6 PM) assuming Eastern time.

The Facebook invite says we will have "Q & A time with NCAA Football developers". Head over to the event page and post questions, otherwise I'm assuming there will be some form of live question taking component as well.

I'll be watching the whole thing live and I assume that some others will be as well. So the question is, what questions do you guys want us to ask them? (They are focusing on gameplay and presentation again, so don't bother with the Dynasty/RTG questions)

UPDATE: 5/13
Here is a list of some of the questions that we have for today, I'll see how many of these I can press to get answered and other OS members if you can help as well we'll try to get as many of the community questions answered as possible
  • Has the time been improved for a user play-action play?
  • Will we see more penalties (other than clipping/holding) in this year's game?
  • Will players have different styles? (i.e. - true power RB)
  • How do momentum/size/speed get factored in with a players strength rating to determine impact on tackles?
  • Has anything been done to improve blocking for the read-option in both shotgun and pistol sets?
  • Will the CPU disguise CB blitzes?
  • What factors into a successful bull rush and in what situations can we expect to see those?
  • QB's will be more aware when to scramble, will certain types of QB's be more prone to scramble than others?
  • Will there be a true accelerated clock this year (not just chew clock)?
  • What can we expect in terms of stat overlays, will we see anything new this year?
  • Will the CPU adjust play style when they have a massive lead? Mass subs and run the ball to kill the clock?
  • Does Tennessee run through the T in their pre-game?
  • Can you set special formations/packages outside of a game?
  • What has been done to upgrade the interaction on the line, specifically pass rushing?
  • Is the field degraded as the game goes on?
  • Will there be commentary on other games during the game you are playing?
  • Have roster requirements been changed based on playbook style? Some teams have no use for a FB or TE
  • Will we see blockers, specifically fullbacks getting to the 2nd level and blocking linebackers?
  • Will a WR adjust his route and 'sit down' on his route based on his awareness level and the defensive zone?
  • Can we hot route slants to corners and post routes?
  • Will there be a chain gang in this year's game? If not, what is the challenge in adding this feature
  • Will we be able to view our gameplay stats and records, offline and online?

Last edited by hurricanefootball4; 05-13-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Suggestions from OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 03:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What Questions Do You Want Us to Ask in the Developer's Chat?

PLEASE ask about blocking for the read-option in both shotgun and pistol sets. I'm hoping with the toned-down suction blocking the zone-read will be improved, but it would be great to get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Thanks man.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Will we have the ability to use touch passes to drop the ball into those tight spots? Over the shoulder passes do NOT happen often enough without them being a complete rainbow-style lob. I'm willing to accept that these types of passes may not be the best decision as a player without a highly accurate QB, but that would be my risk to take.

Do you still have minimum roster requirements? I know the people that don't use FBs really wanted this feature gone.

Has the issue of DBs' unrealistic vertical leaps been resolved?

Is there any way an end-of-game song could be implemented with stadium sounds? I have this in mind because of Alabama and Rammer Jammer. . .maybe have an "End of Game Win/End of Game Loss" option. I bet more people would appreciate this than you think.

How much of a contrast is there between last year's play action travesty and this year? Will play action again be viable?

Was ANY change at all made to allow punt/field goal blocks? Anything done to set up lanes for punt returns?

In NCAA 11, even with highly agile and quick RBs it was still difficult to run out of the Shotgun and Wildcat. Seemed like I could never get the RB to the hole before it was slammed shut, if I even made it out of the backfield. Between Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson, their 0mph-60mph time was SO slow I almost never ran the Wildcat and kept the ball. It seemed a running start was ALWAYS needed and the only way to run it, versus starting from a dead stop. Was this addressed or considered an issue at all?

How animated will coaches be on the sideline? Will they react certain ways to certain plays? Think Spurrier throwing his visor and Nick Saban going crazy when his D blows it.

How customizable will a coach's look be? Was there any attempt to make them look like their real life counterparts?

I didn't notice any bull-rush animations. Does this speak to what we can expect with regard to the frequency of its occurance? Does it require a big mismatch? What exactly triggers the allowance of a bull rush?

Extras

Have the issues with teams long-term dynasty recruiting been worked out? By that I mean will rosters be more realistic, rather than seeing a team with 6 QBs when I'm 10 years into the dynasty, and said team STILL recruiting 2 more QBs that year.

Will a school's ratings within dynasty change over time? If I win a National Championship with Temple 4 years in a row, their prestige rating shouldn't be 2 stars, surely their facilities would improve, etc.

Any change to the classification of players? Thinking specifically of what makes a QB more prone to scramble like a Cam Newton type.

Will we be able to edit players'/recruits' ratings within an offline Dynasty?

Will weight/height finally factor in with regard to the 5'9 190lb POWER RBs and vice versa? Linemen? Etc.

Coaching carousel?

Ability to schedule neutral-site games in Dynasty? Further, will traditional neutral-site rivalry games be that way in the Dynasty?

I know commentary is probably pretty much a wrap, but has the team given any thought to dynamic/reactive commentary? For example, one announcer is talking about the big stop the D made on the last play when suddenly the offense's RB busts one RIGHT up the middle. Surely the guy wouldn't KEEP talking about the last defensive stop.

While I'm on the topic of commentary, is there any plan now or in the future to have the announcers reference previous games or stats? How about the importance of a win with regard to conference championship implications, bowl eligibility, a winning or losing season, etc. You could go further in dynasties by mentioning that team A won last year's game by X amount, or Team B has a 3 year streak against team A, maybe about how such-and-such team is riding a 7 game win streak so far this season.

The option to edit rivalries in Dynasty mode would be excellent and could bring a new feeling to a long-running dynasty. I don't think rivalries should come and go on their own by the CPU's decision. This should be under the COMPLETE control of the user at all times.

Last edited by Crimson Pig; 05-12-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: More questions
Old 05-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Hey guys, the developer's chat is on Friday (5-8PM) assuming Eastern time.

The Facebook invite says we will have "Q & A time with NCAA Football developers". Head over to the event page and post questions, otherwise I'm assuming there will be some form of live question taking component as well.

I'll be watching the whole thing live and I assume that some others will be as well. So the question is, what questions do you guys want us to ask them? (They are focusing on gameplay and presentation again, so don't bother with the Dynasty/RTG questions)
Since it starts well after I go to work Can you ask these?

#1 - Will improvements be made to the penalties to be more realistic?

#2 - Will weight and height play a factor in jumping ability so that DL's and LB's don't have unrealistic verticals?

Thanks Hurricane.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I'll be on for at least part of it, so I'll try to ask some of these, too.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

When will we ever see a drastic improvement in the engine. Do you guys have any plans on moving away from outdated technology that is canned animation to a real time physics system. This system would in theory solve numerous problems with the current game.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #7
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

1) Can we hot route slants to Corners and post?
2) Can we control which side the rb runs a swing route?
3) Will WR sit down in Zone based on awareness?
4) Will run blocker finally look to block LBs?
5) Will my FB finally pick up the blitzing LB?
6) Can we call out the blitz?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Will there be accelerated clock with a time run off? Like in madden 10?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »