Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I would have liked if they added new and different commentary to the intros. Those lines are the exact some ones from NCAA 11 and NCAA 10, maybe even before that.

This is a rivarly game is it not ?

So therefore I would have expected a little more excitement over it, with them hyping it up more. The tone in the voice is too flat for my liking. Just makes it sound like a regular game and not a rivarly game.
When recording lines they need the guys in the studio to try and talk over something there in order to represent them trying to let us hear them over the crowd, bands, etc.

Commentary has some good lines, but they don't flow, have no emotion at all, have way too much dead silence, and are literally play by play, which is not good.

― Plato
Old 05-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #34
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
#1 thing needed for NCAA 13, this should be at the top of every wishlist out there before coaching carosuel, stadium editor or anything else... NEW COMMENTARY!!!!! Get some new broadcast teams, have an ESPN team, ESPN2 team, ABC team and CBS team or at least a National TV and Local TV team and update the commentary. I dont mean just adding a few new lines, i'm talking dynamic commentary. The commentary for years now has been stale and recycled, fixing the commentary will add a whole new feel.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
#1 thing needed for NCAA 13, this should be at the top of every wishlist out there before coaching carosuel, stadium editor or anything else... NEW COMMENTARY!!!!! Get some new broadcast teams, have an ESPN team, ESPN2 team, ABC team and CBS team or at least a National TV and Local TV team and update the commentary. I dont mean just adding a few new lines, i'm talking dynamic commentary. The commentary for years now has been stale and recycled, fixing the commentary will add a whole new feel.
Coaching carousel after commentary? No thank you, but we don't really have to worry about that as two separate teams handle both of those.

As for them needing new teams, they don't. MLB 2k11 and NBA 2k11 both great commentary with only one team. Its how EA handles the writing for commentary and puts it in game is what makes it so bad.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #36
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4

love it a lot. i wonder if they edited some entrances from last year as well instead of just adding new ones
Old 05-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #37
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
When recording lines they need the guys in the studio to try and talk over something there in order to represent them trying to let us hear them over the crowd, bands, etc.

Commentary has some good lines, but they don't flow, have no emotion at all, have way too much dead silence, and are literally play by play, which is not good.
because they don't record commentary together, its just a bunch of 1 liners pieced together. They have a script of 1 liners and they just say those and piece them together in the game. If you listen to the commentary in the game it doesnt flow its all seperate. They also don't talk about how the game is going, its just what happened on that play. What i mean is if you listen to other games like The Show or NBA 2k they'll speak about whats going on in the game, if a team is missing shots, can't get a hit, they'll go back to something that happened earlier in the game (with replays provided). NCAA you get none of that. Its 2011, why are the NCAA guys always so far behind other games when it comes to innovation and ideas?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #38
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Coaching carousel after commentary? No thank you, but we don't really have to worry about that as two separate teams handle both of those.

As for them needing new teams, they don't. MLB 2k11 and NBA 2k11 both great commentary with only one team. Its how EA handles the writing for commentary and puts it in game is what makes it so bad.
100% yes commentary over coaching carousel. Commentary is something that affects the entire game no matter if you play exhibition, online, dynasty, whatever. Coaching Carousel is something that is only for people who play dynasty. So without a doubt commentary is more important than coaching carousel.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #39
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

This game doesn't just need new commentary, but DYNAMIC commentary ala NBA 2K11, but I don't need to mention that honestly, we all know that. With Dynamic commentary added, the replay factor goes up and games won't feel exactly the same. Just as in NBA 2k11, if I break a big run or have a huge hit on defense, I want the commentators to break away from what they were discussing and have some excitement when things like this happen. I want to feel like they are actually watching the game instead of sounding so scripted. I think this, along with more gameplay enhancements, needs to be their focal point for NCAA 13. If they had dynamic commentary along with additional gameplay enhancements ( and along with what we will probably see this year: Coaching Carousel, etc.) then I will more than get my 60+ bucks worth in game play. I think my social life would become non-existant!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #40
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
This game doesn't just need new commentary, but DYNAMIC commentary ala NBA 2K11, but I don't need to mention that honestly, we all know that. With Dynamic commentary added, the replay factor goes up and games won't feel exactly the same. Just as in NBA 2k11, if I break a big run or have a huge hit on defense, I want the commentators to break away from what they were discussing and have some excitement when things like this happen. I want to feel like they are actually watching the game instead of sounding so scripted. I think this, along with more gameplay enhancements, needs to be their focal point for NCAA 13. If they had dynamic commentary along with additional gameplay enhancements ( and along with what we will probably see this year: Coaching Carousel, etc.) then I will more than get my 60+ bucks worth in game play. I think my social life would become non-existant!
exactly, i love in NBA 2k when they are talking about something and then i have a big dunk or big shot and they stop what they were talking about to comment on what just happened. It'd also be nice if they would talk about the schools more during the game. In NBA 2k they talk about where the team was last year and what their future holds, in NCAA Football itd be nice if they talked about something like "These 2 teams played a close overtime thriller in 2007 or after not making a bowl game the last few years they finally seem to be making strides" or something in those reguards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »