Home

Taking a look back...

This is a discussion on Taking a look back... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Taking a look back...

So, I re-downloaded the NCAA 07, 09, 10, and 11 demos just to see how much the game has changed over the years. I have only gotten through 07 and 09 so far, but there were noticeable differences between those two and what I remember of 11 when I owned it.

So far I have noticed...

NCAA 07: Better pre-snap scenes like the QB walking up to the line. Blocking kicks is possible, but too easy with the Jump Snap feature. The momentum bar is in and I love it and miss it. Picking formations and plays is much better in this. There is little suction at all, but player movements are very awkward. It is also possible to run out of the shotgun with HB draws, hand offs, etc. but scrambling is way too easy. Also, better presentation and atmosphere.

NCAA 09: No pre-snap scenes, but there are a lot of post play broadcast angles. Also, the CPU QB, LSU's, moved around in the pocket and even scrambled a few times. There seems to be a bit more suctioning and the defense knows my plays, coming out in a 4-3 when I had been passing from the shotgun and then call a run. The play action is broken and man coverage is very weak.

It is weird to me that NCAA 07 had all the scenes of the QB walk ups and kickers getting set up, but then they rid of them in 09, but brought in post play camera angles. 07 also had stat banners showing up once a drive.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Taking a look back...

yea those 07 cut scenes looked amazing when they 1st came out...almost like u were watching a real game...but they got old real fast because it was like the same 2-3 of them... i wish did redid them but with tons more...for every player on the field...and some commentary to go with it..dynamic at that.
Www.usba.freeforums.net USA #1 SIM 2K LG ON PS4!

WWW.SOUTHERNTURNUPS.COM
Old 05-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
So, I re-downloaded the NCAA 07, 09, 10, and 11 demos just to see how much the game has changed over the years. I have only gotten through 07 and 09 so far, but there were noticeable differences between those two and what I remember of 11 when I owned it.

So far I have noticed...

NCAA 07: Better pre-snap scenes like the QB walking up to the line. Blocking kicks is possible, but too easy with the Jump Snap feature. The momentum bar is in and I love it and miss it. Picking formations and plays is much better in this. There is little suction at all, but player movements are very awkward. It is also possible to run out of the shotgun with HB draws, hand offs, etc. but scrambling is way too easy. Also, better presentation and atmosphere.

NCAA 09: No pre-snap scenes, but there are a lot of post play broadcast angles. Also, the CPU QB, LSU's, moved around in the pocket and even scrambled a few times. There seems to be a bit more suctioning and the defense knows my plays, coming out in a 4-3 when I had been passing from the shotgun and then call a run. The play action is broken and man coverage is very weak.

It is weird to me that NCAA 07 had all the scenes of the QB walk ups and kickers getting set up, but then they rid of them in 09, but brought in post play camera angles. 07 also had stat banners showing up once a drive.
09 playaction broken? U mean it's too easy because I know for a fact it works.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
09 playaction broken? U mean it's too easy because I know for a fact it works.
If it is way too easy, then it is pretty much broken. When doing it you either get a huge gain or tackled right as you fake the hand off which makes it broken. There is no in between.

― Plato
Old 05-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #5
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

They had the cutscenes because they couldn't show the players actually walking up to the line.

Also the cutscenes prevented presnap adjustments until they were over.

I remember in 08 and 09 speed was the only thing that mattered. Once you got a player with 95+ speed your team was unstoppable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I remember in 08 and 09 speed was the only thing that mattered. Once you got a player with 95+ speed your team was unstoppable.
This. I had a North Texas offline dynasty and in my first recruiting class I found a WR with 98 speed. Bam, didn't lose a single game my next season. Any time I needed to score in a close game, send him deep and I get a TD.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:56 AM   #7
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

I remember when i still had a regular xbox and they had ncaa 07 for the 360 playable at walmart and i would just sit there and be amazed at the graphics lol...now it just looks normal
Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Wow...I didn't play NCAA 07 on the 360 or PS3, but I just saw some video of the game and the pre-snap cutscenes look pretty nice. They really should've built upon that for the newer versions of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »