Home

coach prestige ratings system...

This is a discussion on coach prestige ratings system... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 01:58 AM   #9
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: coach prestige ratings system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
Obviously no ranking system is going to be perfect. But something like you have put together here takes subjectivity out. I didn't look all that closely at it yet, and I'm sure that the formula may need to be tweaked...but I like it.
After reading it all, that is the biggest thing I like about it. I am tired of reading how everyone thinks "their" coach should be an A-. I mean, we all complain there are too many 90+ rated players in the game, so why would we want half the coaches rated as A's or higher?

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 05-24-2011, 02:05 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If I could completely understand it, then I'd like it more. It looks really good and has solid info to back it up, but I think it will need to be tweaked once we see how generated coaches are in game. Your lowest coaches are D- which may be perfect, or too low, or too high. Who knows, maybe the worst generated coaches are all C's, so the D- coaches you have will be replaced year one. Or they may be F's and we'll possibly see the terrible coaches you have now staying a bit too long.

― Plato
Old 05-24-2011, 02:10 AM   #11
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Very impressive. Looks pretty solid to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
Obviously no ranking system is going to be perfect. But something like you have put together here takes subjectivity out. I didn't look all that closely at it yet, and I'm sure that the formula may need to be tweaked...but I like it.
yes, you are correct about it not being perfect. but it is a start, and it can be changed.

if anyone has any suggestions on what/how to change it, let us hear it and we can talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If I could completely understand it, then I'd like it more. It looks really good and has solid info to back it up, but I think it will need to be tweaked once we see how generated coaches are in game. Your lowest coaches are D- which may be perfect, or too low, or too high. Who knows, maybe the worst generated coaches are all C's, so the D- coaches you have will be replaced year one. Or they may be F's and we'll possibly see the terrible coaches you have now staying a bit too long.
i thought about that as well, how will the generated coaches fall in line with these.

as i have it now, the ratings are spaced out over the entire range of ratings from A+ to D-. i don't think they use F. if they do, we can change it.

if the generated coaches come in at a low of C, then we can re-rate and make the low end current coaches more in line with the generated ones.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #13
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

I didn't read through it all but it looked pretty good. A few days ago I put together I set of rankings too. I didn't use a forlmula though, just my own opinion. I kind of think that with any formula there will always be flaws. I know there will be flaws in human opinion, such as bias, too but I felt like this was a better way to grade them. You did a very good job with your formula and rankings. If you don't mind, take a look at this and tell me what you think.

EDIT: these rankings were before I found out that any created coach would come in at D. If I had to do it again I would stretch it out a little bit more.
g
A+
Spoiler

A
Spoiler

A-
Spoiler

B+
Spoiler

B
Spoiler

B-
Spoiler

C+
Spoiler

C
Spoiler

C-
Spoiler

D+
Spoiler
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #14
Pro

brza37's Arena

Wow, really impressive. Did you do all this since yesterday or have you been working on it before all the CC info came out?

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10

Steve Spurrier in the 90's an A+

but not Steve Spurrier from 2005-2010.

I may be a little biased

good job on this

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
Pro

brza37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by teammaxwell
Steve Spurrier in the 90's an A+

but not Steve Spurrier from 2005-2010.

I may be a little biased

good job on this
Thats true. There should probably be a little more weight on the last 3yrs win %. We do live in a what have you done for me lately world and his rep/prestige has taken a huge dive since his UF days. I just can't see him being much higher than a B+.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »