Home

Why AREN'T specific positions in NCAA?

This is a discussion on Why AREN'T specific positions in NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Why AREN'T specific positions in NCAA?

Not hating, but think about it - is there a good reason why true positions aren't in the game?

Strongside LB, Weakside LB, Joker/Mo LB, Nose Tackle, Slot Receiver, etc. These are fundamental components of true football and have never been implemented in the 10 year history of modern console football. Can it possibly be that complicated?

My money says that their use would be too sim and scare away the casual crowd. And that's where EA makes their money. Again, not hating on EA here, but c'mon, true positions would be killer.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Rookie

reco's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Why AREN'T specific positions in NCAA?

would love to see this in the game!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Prolly cause the "casual" fan may not know the meaning of all the true positions so they just use a general name that people know for each one. I feel like they should put the true positions in, but only have them appear when you are playing on heisman, or atleast give us the option to turn them on.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Some of those positions could be added, but since the focus is more on a broad audience I think they prefer to keep it short and simple.

If they would simply add a toggle to switch between simple and advanced depth charts, then that would be nice (and could include special team chart in adv). Or, they could add more specific positions in the depth chart replacing the 1,2,3,4 slots.

Under WR you could have #1, #2, Slot, etc, CB could include nickle in the list, and so on. Would be nice to even designate players for passing or running plays, since EA does include 3rd down running back designation.

Another factor too is, not all defensive have the same positions (4-3 doesn't have a NT), so EA would have to accommodate different depth charts for different positions. Granted, I don't think NT have the right effect in the game anyway.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-27-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
is there a good reason why true positions aren't in the game?
Nope. Not one good reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic fArts
Nope. Not one good reason.
never is lol
Old 05-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Some of those positions could be added, but since the focus is more on a broad audience I think they prefer to keep it short and simple.

If they would simply add a toggle to switch between simple and advanced depth charts, then that would be nice (and could include special team chart in adv). Or, they could add more specific positions in the depth chart replacing the 1,2,3,4 slots.

Under WR you could have #1, #2, Slot, etc, CB could include nickle in the list, and so on. Would be nice to even designate players for passing or running plays, since EA does include 3rd down running back designation.

Another factor too is, not all defensive have the same positions (4-3 doesn't have a NT), so EA would have to accommodate different depth charts for different positions. Granted, I don't think NT have the right effect in the game anyway.
Right. I'd love to have a depth chart for customizable player groupings. Even simple one. Like one for 21 personnel, one for 12 personnel etc.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18

Awesome. Toggling between the two would be perfect. It'd be just like "Ask Coach" for playcalling. Casual scrubs can keep it simple while sim players can take advantage of the increased depth. EA do this.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »