Home

Hiring and Firing of Coordinators as HC?

This is a discussion on Hiring and Firing of Coordinators as HC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Hiring and Firing of Coordinators as HC?

I know that video is a cpu vs cpu but one thing it shows that hasn't changed from last year, when Washington state go no huddle there go back to the line of scrimmage in a new formation and run a different play without even looking to the sideline to get a new play.
No getting a new play from the sideline no barking out orders and no audibles.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I really don't know how this can be considered a Coaching Carousel without the ability to hire/fire our own coordinators. This is just the same dynasty mode we've had for years, except with the small twist that you're only responsible for one side of the ball at your first few schools. Other than that, you could always start out at a small school and then receive offers to bigger schools if you were successful. That's nothing new, and yet, that seems to be the extent of the mode.

Playbooks will move with coordinators to different schools, so that's something different, I'll give them that. But only two assistants on staff, only two coach ratings, no affect on on-field performance, and no ability to hire/fire our own staff as a Head Coach? This feels like the bare minimum EA could have done.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Well if you want to get another HC job you will do such through the carousel.
correct.
but, what if i get my dream job and don't want to leave...my OC and DC are going to stay with me for the next 50 years as well?

that is my question

it seems as if once you've made it to the HC position that the carousel stops for you since there won't be any changes made to your staff without you yourself triggering it by leaving your current HC position.

other schools won't hire my OC or DC? why not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #12
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
so when we become the HC of a program our OC and DC will be with us forever and never leave for another job?

sounds like once we make it to the HC position that we jump off the coaching carousel
No the CPU will hire ur coordinators once they move on and yes your coordinators will leave for other jobs.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
No the CPU will hire ur coordinators once they move on and yes your coordinators will leave for other jobs.
Thank you!

I also found this information that I hadn't heard before:

"In addition, cumulative win-loss records as well as accomplishments are tracked for all current coaches throughout the length of the Dynasty. Among the info tracked are win-loss record for career and at school, conference record, record vs. Top 25 & Rivals, Heisman Trophy winners, All-Americans, average recruiting rank, longest win streak, and more."
Old 06-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
Thank you!

I also found this information that I hadn't heard before:

"In addition, cumulative win-loss records as well as accomplishments are tracked for all current coaches throughout the length of the Dynasty. Among the info tracked are win-loss record for career and at school, conference record, record vs. Top 25 & Rivals, Heisman Trophy winners, All-Americans, average recruiting rank, longest win streak, and more."
Thats some good info, will help a lot in online dynasty.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #15
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

That sucks. Definitely thought they would really focus on this mode and read all of our feedback since it was the community's #1 priority.

And yes, it was literally #1. TSO even made a bracket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
That sucks. Definitely thought they would really focus on this mode and read all of our feedback since it was the community's #1 priority.

And yes, it was literally #1. TSO even made a bracket.
It's the first year of it's implementation. As disappointed as I am in the coach carousel, we have to be realistic and realize they can't get it all in this year. Next year they will more than likely build on the carousel and dynasty mode as a whole. I'd say next year we'll see the ability to hire and fire coordinators when you are the head coach, we'll see in depth coach's ratings, and more.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »