Home

What makes NCAA fun isn't the gameplay (for me)

This is a discussion on What makes NCAA fun isn't the gameplay (for me) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
What makes NCAA fun isn't the gameplay (for me)

I've realized after the demo, with super LB still in, psychic DB still in, and some suction gone...I should be happier with the demo.

But I had no fun playing it. What's going to seal it for me , is seeing and hearing how people feel about presentations, recruiting , coaching carousel etc...

The option works a little better (I mean why buy NCAA if you can't run the trendiest offense in the assocation), and that was fun. They seemed to have fixed it some...

But the demo hasn't done anything for me, because I can't measure immersion in the other stuff. I can honestly say I believe EA gameplay this gen will never change too much.

Is there anyone else who's pretty much given up on their ability to make more than incremental baby-steps year to year?

I liked NCAA 11 and unless I LOVE some changes in dynasty I read about during full retail, I won't pick up 12.

I feel like I'm the only one who feels this way about the "extra stuff" being the selling point, because I don't think they can or will improve gameplay much anymore...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Maizpan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What makes NCAA fun isn't the gameplay (for me)

+1

If I buy, it will because of the new coaching carosel and having a chance to work my way up from a 1 star offensive coordinator to Head Coach at NC State.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

I will def be skipping NCA 12. I didnt enjoy it at all.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
LOL, yes we know. But do any of the "features" as opposed to just the "gameplay" interest you?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Yep. I pretty much agree with your testimony.

It isn't the in-game play that I care about that much. All the stuff between the sidelines is great and all, but for game value, if the included depth modes fall flat, the game is worthless.

Now that's not to say the EA can copy/paste tired old game code year after year and call it a new game with new cover art. All those minor, incremental game changes DO need to make the experience more real. It's hard to get 22 animated football models to look like real people making real football moves, but they're improving.

I haven't downloaded or played the demo yet, and I'm not too worried if I ever do. At 2g of download size, it's a hog of a demo for only 2 minute quarters.

If your could opt to download recruiting as a demo, that would be cool!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Did not see that coming at all.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I kind of feel the same. I have come to the point where I realize NCAA or Madden are not going to change much gameplay wise. They will get more polished over the years, but it will still feel and play the same mostly.

I try to enjoy the gameplay for what it offers me that is good and not focus on the bad. I look forward to more dynasty announcements and presentation announcements now too. Unfortunately they aren't showing up really this year. We do get a CC, but by now everyone knows how I feel about it.

I'm like you. I expect little tweaks to gameplay, but not much else. I look forward to all the extra "fluff". What is new presentation wise. What is new to dynasty, etc.

― Plato
Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm closing this. Please post all impressions in the demo thread.

*tries to close it*

CURSES!

I'm sold on the tackling and the momentum. I've had many run plays in the demo that in NCAA 11 would've been a single defensive player stuffing me. In the demo, I drove him back and gained yards until another defender cleaned me up and drove me to the ground.

For me, this was what was lacking from NCAA 11's solid game play (outside of a totally revamped passing game). I wasn't sure I was going to buy it with DPP and traits not in it. But, after playing it, I can't play NCAA 11 anymore. I played a game after playing the demo 10 times. I got frustrated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »