Home

Can We Have A Reasonable Discussion About Graphics?

This is a discussion on Can We Have A Reasonable Discussion About Graphics? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #9
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Can We Have A Reasonable Discussion About Graphics?

It's just a compression issue, and it's typically more noticeable on PS3 demos. The same thing happened with The Show 11 demo this year too... the final build looked MUCH better than the demo did. This was also the case with last year's NCAA demo. The xbox/ps3 versions seem to be miles apart until the final product is released, at which point both look nearly indistinguishable.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #10
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

One big graphical flaw I saw on ps3 was in a game of Bama vs FSU. The transition from day to night had just taken place. FSU threw a deep pass and I picked it off with my safety. While I was running it back, one of my blockers ran through a shadowy area of the field. Well, he continued to look like he was in a shadow even when running next to players fully in the light. I know its not a big problem, but I hope that type of thing is cleaned up for the final version.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #11
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
It's just a compression issue, and it's typically more noticeable on PS3 demos. The same thing happened with The Show 11 demo this year too... the final build looked MUCH better than the demo did. This was also the case with last year's NCAA demo. The xbox/ps3 versions seem to be miles apart until the final product is released, at which point both look nearly indistinguishable.
yea the demo for the show had mad jaggies everywhere,but game is fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 6

Yep, developers have said there is no difference between each system. Hopefully this is the case for retail.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

i picked it up on 360 yesterday and my 360 is on SD tv, cuz i really dont care about the graphics on that system as much but im still in the process of DLing it on ps3 cuz for some reason it took forever to DL. So well see how different it really is.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #14
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Thanks for all the replies guys. I should have stated before that in cut scenes and up close replays, the game looks great on PS3, although it still looks very "dim" and not as crisp as Xbox.

But to the guys saying it's just like that for the demo and retail will look much better I hope you're right, thanks again!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #15
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

This has been the norm for as long as I can remember. I'm almost certain that the retail version will be cleaned up and will be at least close to the 360 graphics. I'm seeing SOME jaggies but not an abundance of them. I'm playing on my 42' LCD Vizio in 1080p and to me it looks pretty good. Not perfect, but good.

Last edited by BallinVol; 06-29-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »