Home

How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

This is a discussion on How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How Big of a Blow is No Dynamic Conference Prestige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Not a big blow at all, a one star team wouldn't normally be in a conference like SEC anyway, so why would the entire conference be 1-2 star teams?

Once a team deserves it, then they should move up conferences.
That's not what they're talking about. They're saying if the SEC falls off, they'll still always be an A+. The ACC can have 3 top ten teams every year, but they'll always be a B, and since conference prestige has so much to do with the NCG, teams with a lower conference prestige have no prayer. I've seen 1 loss teams jump undefeated ACC teams far too often.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3

Of the things missed out on, this one doesn't rank too high.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
That's not what they're talking about. They're saying if the SEC falls off, they'll still always be an A+. The ACC can have 3 top ten teams every year, but they'll always be a B, and since conference prestige has so much to do with the NCG, teams with a lower conference prestige have no prayer. I've seen 1 loss teams jump undefeated ACC teams far too often.
What are the chances of the SEC actually falling off in this game? With every year Alabama, Florida, LSU and the others pulling in the best recruits?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I really don't understand how they could give all us these tools, and options to create custom conferences, and then not have Dynamic Conference Prestige.

I mean how in the world can you have options for things like night games in November, and yet not have Dynamic Conference Prestige? It boggles the mind.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #13
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
What are the chances of the SEC actually falling off in this game? With every year Alabama, Florida, LSU and the others pulling in the best recruits?
With the ability to recreate the conferences the chances are very good that the SEC COULD fall off in someone's dynasty.

The chances are good that people will rearrange their conferences but the conference prestige ratings will not change to reflect such and that is bigger then just whether or not the SEC will fall off. You may not be looking to rearrange conferences much but there are those of us that are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
I really don't understand how they could give all us these tools, and options to create custom conferences, and then not have Dynamic Conference Prestige.

I mean how in the world can you have options for things like night games in November, and yet not have Dynamic Conference Prestige? It boggles the mind.
I'm sure the NCAA doesn't really like the idea of its current make up being shredded but with all the talk and moves going on in the NCAA it is inevitable so I am sure a compromise was made and so now we can do almost whatever we want to change up the conferences but the static conference prestige ratings end up having some governance over this.

I for one was going to disembowel the Big12 figuratively speaking but with the prestige not changing and with having to have four teams in the Big12 I had to change plans and thus the big12 remains in My game as a viable conference.

I am sure the big12 would like to know that the way this game is set up guides folks to not destroy it. Too much talk in that direction is not a good thing for them.

Last edited by He1nousOne1; 07-01-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

To me this is actually pretty disappointing. I wanted to even out the confrences to make sure they're alla B ish overall. Oh well. It's not make or break and I'll enjoy the game nevertheless
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
With the addition of a coaching carousel the chances are pretty good especially when you can play 60 years. I highly doubt the SEC will be the best conference all 60 years of my dynasty, yet their conference prestige will still say they are.

If I switch the Sun Belt and SEC, the Sun Belt should gain an A+ Conference Prestige while the SEC gains the Sun Belts' Prestige.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
With the addition of a coaching carousel the chances are pretty good especially when you can play 60 years. I highly doubt the SEC will be the best conference all 60 years of my dynasty, yet their conference prestige will still say they are.

If I switch the Sun Belt and SEC, the Sun Belt should gain an A+ Conference Prestige while the SEC gains the Sun Belts' Prestige.
Exactly. This isn't NCAA 11, where coaches never move and Joe Pa coaches when he's 140 years old. A team can make a bad hire. They could bring in a coach who's offense is an awful fit for their team and fall apart (a la Rich Rod), then bring in a less prestigious coach who can't bring in top talent. Plenty of ways for a team to fall off.

Or someone can just take all the good teams out of the SEC and make superconferences with the Sun Belt, MAC, C-USA, and MWC if they wanted to, but the SEC would have A+ prestige in the end.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »