Home

Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

This is a discussion on Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #73
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
- BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER POSTERS
This is as simple as they come. You don't like someone else's post? Concentrate on the post. You attack a user (even something as little as calling someone an idiot) and you are banned permanently.

- DON'T ATTACK THE DEVELOPERS
I don't want to see you attack any developers on this site, including EA Sports in this forum. You don't like something about the game, post it constructively and post your opinion ON THE PROBLEM. DO NOT ATTACK THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE GAME. This will soon be added to our TOS, it's just being rolled out here first. And yes, your sarcastic attempts at attacks (Thanking EA tongue in cheek IS COVERED under this rule) count. You will be banned permanently.

- NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE ROSTERS
The rosters aren't real. #21 for Oregon is NOT LAMICHAEL JAMES. If a player in the game resembles a real life player, so be it. But I no longer want to see "Why does so and so have dreads? EA Sucks!" because it's not the player. It is a generic representation of an NCAA athlete. THIS WILL BE A BANNABLE OFFENSE.

FOLLOW ANY AND ALL OTHER RULES POSTED
- There will be some new ways we will be handling impressions, and you will need to pay attention when posting. There will be more on this soon, but be ready.

All in all, folks, be mature and use common sense. If you are angry, DON'T POST. If you are not sure if your post will fly here, DON'T POST. If you need to know where you can go to complain about EA, PM me. I can give you a list of sites that will allow you to cry about the company instead of constructively attempting to provide feedback to the developers in an effort to help them make a better game.

I am leaving this thread open for any discussion you want to have. But things will be tight around here, and you should expect very short leashes.

Don't see a rule here that says i am not allowed to post my opinion on the rules, provided i don't swear, attack anyone etc.
And once again you can't seem to (or want to) understand the meaning of a post. You are way over dramatic for a gaming site.
So to clarify: You seem to be unhappy here with the rules. So I thought I'd let you know, you can go to other sites to try and find one that better suit your needs if OS doesn't.
No where did I say you couldn't post your opinion on rules, yet that's how you took it.
You are looking for an argument and manipulate reality to serve that need.

I said "you are free to go to another site"... You read "You can't have an opinion"

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-03-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #74
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Actually if you've ever been a mod here or been here for any length of time the rule makes perfect sense.
mmm been here for 3 years, don't think they make sense. So long as no one tries to start a war, i don't see an issue with comparing madden to 2k. For instance, comparing a certain aspect of one game to another doesn't seem to me to be that big of a deal. If you don't post "Ea sucks" or "2k sucks" but discuss the merits and pitfalls of either game. I don't think there is any harm when the goal is to let the developers know that you think another game has done something which you think would help improve there game.

But hey, i am not king of the forum and don't decide what is and isn't permissible. I can only offer my opinion on the matter.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #75
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
And once again you can't seem to (or want to) understand the meaning of a post. You are way over dramatic for a gaming site.
So to clarify: You seem to be unhappy here with the rules. So I thought I'd let you know, you can go to other sites to try and find one that better suit your needs if OS doesn't.
No where did I say you couldn't post your opinion on rules, yet that's how you took it.
You are looking for an argument and manipulate reality to serve that need.

I said "you are free to go to another site"... You read "You can't have an opinion"
You wrote, "you are free to go to another site", because i expressed my opinion on the rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #76
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
You wrote, "you are free to go to another site", because i expressed my opinion on the rules.
And? Where is the part I said you couldn't have that opinion? You obviously aren't happy with the rules, so you can go to another site to get what you like.
Offer still stands..
Thank God for the ignore button....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #77
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
mmm been here for 3 years, don't think they make sense. So long as no one tries to start a war, i don't see an issue with comparing madden to 2k. For instance, comparing a certain aspect of one game to another doesn't seem to me to be that big of a deal. If you don't post "Ea sucks" or "2k sucks" but discuss the merits and pitfalls of either game. I don't think there is any harm when the goal is to let the developers know that you think another game has done something which you think would help improve there game.

But hey, i am not king of the forum and don't decide what is and isn't permissible. I can only offer my opinion on the matter.
You may be one of the few that can have a real nice, mature discussion about NFL 2K vs. Madden.

But I can assure you and so can many of the veteran members of this site that you would be one of a handful in thousands because it has been proven time and time again that people cannot have a mature discussion regarding Madden vs. NFL 2K.

The same for The Show vs. MLB 2K or Live vs. NBA 2K and so on.

It just doesn't work here.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
If you have been here for three years, then you would know the developers of EA know about 2k, they have it their offices and they were running the game at their offices.

They don't need us to remind them of 2k.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #79
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

Let me simplify this for you.

- You can compare Madden to 2k or any other football game....you just have to do it in the other football games forum. You cant do it in the Madden or 2k forum.

- Its possible to state what is in another game and not make a direct comparison. For example, if I want halftime highlights with Chris Berman as the host in Madden, I just say "Hey Devs, I want halftime highlights with Chris Berman in Madden 13". What you cant say is "2k did halftime highlights much better than Madden. Madden's halftime sucks".

- Dont take this as an insult but we dont create rules here casually. Mil and I have been members here for over a decade so we know what works and what doesnt. No one minds hearing your opinion but honestly its not anything that we havent heard before.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #80
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Because you don't have an issue with it, does not mean an issue does not exist. As I said if you've ever been a mod or been here for any length of time, the rule not only makes sense, but became needed.

I get why you don't like the rule. That's pretty obvious.

Besides you can use the "Other Football Games" forum and post the comparisons to your heart's content.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »