Home

Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

This is a discussion on Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #65
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Posting Rules Until Further Notice (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Yes. Thank you for finally understanding that.
Despite the fact that madden 05's game was designed by the completely different people to madden 11? They are 2 different games, but because they have a label that says ea sports, it is fine. Too me, that makes absolutely no sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #66
Rookie

pendo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Really man, you have had how many threads deleted the 2 weeks you.have been here? You just got banned from EA Forums and they are very laid back over there. Do you really think its wise to battle with MODS? Just follow the rules like you agreed to when you signed up here... It's not rocket science, they don't put up with flaming here... At all.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #67
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
Despite the fact that madden 05's game was designed by the completely different people to madden 11? They are 2 different games, but because they have a label that says ea sports, it is fine. Too me, that makes absolutely no sense.
Dude, are you serious right now? Really?

You have to be just messing with me. Have to be. There is no way I could have just answered your question and you're still asking me the same question.

The answer is YES. Be done with it. I don't care if you don't like the way it is; this is the way its been for years before you ever signed up. You're not changing it. That's how it's done.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #68
Rookie

pendo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Dude, are you serious right now? Really?

You have to be just messing with me. Have to be. There is no way I could have just answered your question and you're still asking me the same question.

The answer is YES. Be done with it. I don't care if you don't like the way it is; this is the way its been for years before you ever signed up. You're not changing it. That's how it's done.
Just wanted to clarify that the rule that makes no sense was the one we post under.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Every year, around release time for the football games, we have a tendency to drop the hammer and tighten up on the forums in an effort to keep things organized and sane for the user base as a whole. This year will be no different, and I would like everyone to abide by a set of rules we will be adhering to for the foreseeable future;

- BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER POSTERS
This is as simple as they come. You don't like someone else's post? Concentrate on the post. You attack a user (even something as little as calling someone an idiot) and you are banned permanently.

- DON'T ATTACK THE DEVELOPERS
I don't want to see you attack any developers on this site, including EA Sports in this forum. You don't like something about the game, post it constructively and post your opinion ON THE PROBLEM. DO NOT ATTACK THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE GAME. This will soon be added to our TOS, it's just being rolled out here first. And yes, your sarcastic attempts at attacks (Thanking EA tongue in cheek IS COVERED under this rule) count. You will be banned permanently.

- NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE ROSTERS
The rosters aren't real. #21 for Oregon is NOT LAMICHAEL JAMES. If a player in the game resembles a real life player, so be it. But I no longer want to see "Why does so and so have dreads? EA Sucks!" because it's not the player. It is a generic representation of an NCAA athlete. THIS WILL BE A BANNABLE OFFENSE.

FOLLOW ANY AND ALL OTHER RULES POSTED
- There will be some new ways we will be handling impressions, and you will need to pay attention when posting. There will be more on this soon, but be ready.

All in all, folks, be mature and use common sense. If you are angry, DON'T POST. If you are not sure if your post will fly here, DON'T POST. If you need to know where you can go to complain about EA, PM me. I can give you a list of sites that will allow you to cry about the company instead of constructively attempting to provide feedback to the developers in an effort to help them make a better game.

I am leaving this thread open for any discussion you want to have. But things will be tight around here, and you should expect very short leashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Fair question.

Any staff member will be held to the same standard as any other poster.

The only difference is that any situation with a staff member is dealt with internally which sometimes leaves the impression nothing is being done which isn't the case.

If you find a post from a staff member that is inappropriate, report it like you would any other post (we all see reported posts), or, PM Millennium or aholbert32.
I think it's safe to say that we've surpassed the line of discussion as intended and entered into "Point/Counter-Point" debates.

Based off the two statements above...

The established set of OS Rules have been set and posted as the Forum Standards to obide by hence forth.

There is an mechanism in place for Members to utilize who feel that a Moderator's decision/methods were outside the scope of those Rules.

End of Story.

Most likely at the point were this should be "Locked"!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #70
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Just wanted to clarify that the rule that makes no sense was the one we post under.
You're free to go to another site....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #71
Rookie

pendo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
You're free to go to another site....
- BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER POSTERS
This is as simple as they come. You don't like someone else's post? Concentrate on the post. You attack a user (even something as little as calling someone an idiot) and you are banned permanently.

- DON'T ATTACK THE DEVELOPERS
I don't want to see you attack any developers on this site, including EA Sports in this forum. You don't like something about the game, post it constructively and post your opinion ON THE PROBLEM. DO NOT ATTACK THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THE GAME. This will soon be added to our TOS, it's just being rolled out here first. And yes, your sarcastic attempts at attacks (Thanking EA tongue in cheek IS COVERED under this rule) count. You will be banned permanently.

- NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE ROSTERS
The rosters aren't real. #21 for Oregon is NOT LAMICHAEL JAMES. If a player in the game resembles a real life player, so be it. But I no longer want to see "Why does so and so have dreads? EA Sucks!" because it's not the player. It is a generic representation of an NCAA athlete. THIS WILL BE A BANNABLE OFFENSE.

FOLLOW ANY AND ALL OTHER RULES POSTED
- There will be some new ways we will be handling impressions, and you will need to pay attention when posting. There will be more on this soon, but be ready.

All in all, folks, be mature and use common sense. If you are angry, DON'T POST. If you are not sure if your post will fly here, DON'T POST. If you need to know where you can go to complain about EA, PM me. I can give you a list of sites that will allow you to cry about the company instead of constructively attempting to provide feedback to the developers in an effort to help them make a better game.

I am leaving this thread open for any discussion you want to have. But things will be tight around here, and you should expect very short leashes.

Don't see a rule here that says i am not allowed to post my opinion on the rules, provided i don't swear, attack anyone etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Actually if you've ever been a mod here or been here for any length of time the rule makes perfect sense.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »