Home

Do you create your own recruits?

This is a discussion on Do you create your own recruits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Do you create your own recruits?

In my Wyoming dynasties I always create a few players every year that are 2 and 3* and then maybe a random 4*. I always make the last name that of a legend too at that position. So I have made WR's named Rice and Ismail, DT's named Perry, RB's named Okoye. I always make them good in one area, but average or below average at everything else to still keep it realistic.

Like Rice was great at route running, but had average hands and could not catch in traffic or out run anyone down field, but Ismail had incredible speed, but was so inconsistent and was mainly used on returns. Perry was a beast at block shedding, but lacked any speed to do anything and had low awareness.

It really makes the dynasty feel more personal. I also make sure to make the recruits close to Wyoming and also from the hometowns of in conference rivals. I usually lose a recruit or two to an in conference foe and it's always fun to see them playing against me and watching them grow every season.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 01:58 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree I do this all the time. Usually start with myself, brothers and friends. Then the longer it goes I start with movie football names. Shane Falco, Julius Campbell, john moxon...it helps me because once all the current players leave I don't know anyone. So makin them makes it so I can recognize people faster and have a connection. I will add that I don't like makin former players
Old 07-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 23

Anyone interested I have a whole 10 Blogs of players I came up with, they are pretty sweet! CHeck them out and feel free to use them as you see fit. Any questions about them hit me up!

It's players I have collected over the years from NCAA 2004 - Present from my dynasties. They had some meaning to me so I kept up woth them and I still create them til this day. There Real to me Dang it!! lol
Old 07-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #28
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2

I tend to make my favorite players from long in the past like Earl Campbell or Jack Tatum, I try to use restraint but it is hard with Earl. I put them in there original state and many times do not get them. I also make myself a lowly 2 Star DT, hate when that SOB signs with someone else.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5

Some of my all time favorite created

In NCAA 06 I created Don Henley, a running back...I was OSU, playing against Michigan final game of season...my second season at OSU, they were 5-6 going into the game....I got the ball, down by more than a field goal, end of the game, his freshman year, I give him the ball and he fumbles, Michigan gets it and we lose

Last year I had Mike Haggar turn into a best of a pass rushing DE

Created Freddie Mercury as a RB, he was crazy fast, and glad I had him.

I created a scrambling QB, Locke Cole, while at Miami, but he went to FSU...I think I went 1-3 against him; he killed me.

Another was some son of Eli Manning, number 1 recruit, got him to Miami while I was there during the season, but then I left to coach UofL...he beat in his senior year for the national title...
Old 07-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #30
Rookie

usc50's Arena

OVR: 6

Only kickers, and only did it about every 3 years.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

I do a few things:

1) When I'm getting bored with my dynasty, I create James Tannenbaum, 99 overall, at every position. Then I watch as they smoke the awards.

2) I do dynasties, so I make CAPs

3) I make a player or two at a position that I need (with a reasonable star rating, usually 2-3 since I play as Indiana) so I have a higher chance of getting him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #32
Rookie

pistonica's Arena

OVR: 4

How do you create recruits in the dynasty?...I mean...can you edit them before the year starts?...(NCAA 12 will be the first NCAA i've ever played so you will understand my question )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »