Home

NCAA Retail Impressions (Teambuilder - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS)

This is a discussion on NCAA Retail Impressions (Teambuilder - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #41
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Retail Impressions (Teambuilder - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS)

That explains so much.

I added my lowly 1* squad in place of Central Michigan so I could have two rivalry games (EMU/WMU) and added a monster 4* rival in place of Eastern Michigan. So not only did I take an immediate hit for getting smashed by the second worst team in the country, I took another hit at the end of the year for losing to my primary rival.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #42
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I just noticed today that none of my TB players had Nike equipment (all generic gloves and shoes) and that I couldn't change it. Sad. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed. I guess you could always make a team that has black and white as its colors and then all the generic equipment would be TC.
Yea I noticed this two when I created a team this year in teambuilder. However, I had one team that I liked from last years game and converted it to the NCAA '12 version of teambuilder instead of creating a new one all together and that team had nike cleats and the nike vapor jet gloves and the gloves were team colored. It was quite strange actually. Maybe this could be tested if you created teams in the NCAA '11 version then transfer them over to the NCAA '12 version of teambuilder. Ill see if I can test that later.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
This may be old news as well, but it snuck up on me so I figured I'd throw it out there. When importing your teams into dynasty realize that your preseason ranking will be that of whichever team you replace. this is especially important to note with coaching contracts. If you lose to a team that is lower rated than you regardless of their grades your job security takes a pretty good hit. I went 9-3 with a D/1 star team, but because the three losses came against lower rated teams (the teams all had much higher grades than me) my job security was at around 50% while I saw CPU coaches with 1 win whose security was over 70%
an update on this I actually have no idea how the preseason rankings are determined. I started a new dynasty and swapped out my team with New Mexico State who in a default dynasty is ranked 117th, but somehow I'm ranked in the Mid 60s. So now I've got a bad team with a schedule full of teams that are much better than me, but at the same time are all lower ranked. really not liking this aspect of the game at all and also really not liking my chances of holding on to this job now
Old 07-27-2011, 03:03 AM   #44
MVP

prowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
an update on this I actually have no idea how the preseason rankings are determined. I started a new dynasty and swapped out my team with New Mexico State who in a default dynasty is ranked 117th, but somehow I'm ranked in the Mid 60s. So now I've got a bad team with a schedule full of teams that are much better than me, but at the same time are all lower ranked. really not liking this aspect of the game at all and also really not liking my chances of holding on to this job now
It is kind of annoying, especially the hit you take for primary rivalry victories not counting. But as long as you don't have a one year contract (why do those even exist?) you should be safe.

In my last dynasty I was fired for not finishing above 4th place because two teams ahead of me played more conference games than they should have and it was statistically impossible to overtake them despite having the same amount of conference losses and victories over both. I haven't touched dynasty since that happened.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

I noticed that TB players are automatically assigned hometowns. I opened the team up in Dynasty to edit, but hometown isn't an option to edit. Since players hometowns have an impact on pipelines, I want to have it somewhat accurate. Anyone know a workaround?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #46
MVP

prowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriant86
I noticed that TB players are automatically assigned hometowns. I opened the team up in Dynasty to edit, but hometown isn't an option to edit. Since players hometowns have an impact on pipelines, I want to have it somewhat accurate. Anyone know a workaround?
The hometowns are copied over from the players of the roster you select for your TB team, so choose a roster based on the states you want as pipelines.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #47
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3

Can you change the home state of your players? I couldnt see it in TB so thought it would be in the game but I dont see my team in the edit player screen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »