Home

Self Imposed Dynasty Rules

This is a discussion on Self Imposed Dynasty Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #9
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Self Imposed Dynasty Rules

1. No FCS teams on the schedule.
2. Conference changes will be realistic when compared to what could happen in real life.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcsay
wait what?
When you build a team up to be almost TOO GOOD...we changed our rules to where you could only use every other possession to score. Scoring came too easy, so we would only run our offense EVERY OTHER possession. OR if our defense scored a pick 6, we would punt the next time we got the ball immediately.

The other rule we were just messing around with...in a different dynasty. I chose Hawaii and my buddy chose Colorado State and we weren't allowed to PASS at all...could only call running plays. It mixed up the experience for us, but got old quick. Nothing like trying to run a speed option with a Hawaii QB!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
2. Conference changes will be realistic when compared to what could happen in real life.
Yeah, no FCS teams here either. I play the real schedules as must as they exist in future years.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8

Regarding depth charts, I'm all about putting the best 11 I have on the field. The best players play, no matter what year they are. If I have a JUCO come in that is better than my 2-year starting senior... the JUCO player gets the start!

Other rules:

-If I am playing as a "major" conference team I schedule 7 home, 5 away
-If I am playing as a "mid-major" conference team then I play 6 home, 6 away
-Agree on the FCS team rule! There are plenty of "FBS" teams out there to play. When in doubt, there is almost always Notre Dame, Navy and Army. I find myself playing those three all the time.

Last edited by IronVictory; 07-09-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
Rookie

Swolecat's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Yeah, no FCS teams here either. I play the real schedules as must as they exist in future years.
That's why they need to include the real FCS schools just like they used to back on PS2. You should never have to schedule "FCS East" as a non-conference game. You should be able to schedule Appalachian State, James Madison, or Jacksonville State. I'm biased, being that I went to an FCS school (McNeese State), but I haven't seen a good reason why they aren't in the game. They were included for several years on the PS2, yet so far on the PS3 it's an aspect that has taken a step backwards.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronVictory
Regarding depth charts, I'm all about putting the best 11 I have on the field. The best players play, no matter what year they are. If I have a JUCO come in that is better than my 2-year starting senior... the JUCO player gets the start!

Other rules:

-If I am playing as a "major" conference team I schedule 7 home, 5 away
-If I am playing as a "mind-major" conference team then I play 6 home, 6 away
-Agree on the FCS team rule! There are plenty of "FBS" teams out there to play. When in doubt, there is almost always Notre Dame, Navy and Army. I find myself playing those three all the time.
I totally agree with your 7/5 and 6/6 comment.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 0

1. Always punt on 4th down.
2. No switching players to make plays on defense.
3. No audibles on offense or shifting defenses around.
4. Once a money play is found it is absolutely not used.

This is all offline for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOWASs68
When you build a team up to be almost TOO GOOD...we changed our rules to where you could only use every other possession to score. Scoring came too easy, so we would only run our offense EVERY OTHER possession. OR if our defense scored a pick 6, we would punt the next time we got the ball immediately.

The other rule we were just messing around with...in a different dynasty. I chose Hawaii and my buddy chose Colorado State and we weren't allowed to PASS at all...could only call running plays. It mixed up the experience for us, but got old quick. Nothing like trying to run a speed option with a Hawaii QB!
Why not just play with sliders? Punting every other possession... well, I guess your punter should win post-season awards easily if he's decent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »