Home

Possible Recruiting Issue: Emphasis on HB, WR, ATH

This is a discussion on Possible Recruiting Issue: Emphasis on HB, WR, ATH within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Possible Recruiting Issue: Emphasis on HB, WR, ATH

Hey never posted here before, but I know this is the place to ask to get a lot of input.

When I began targeting my initial prospects for recruiting after starting dynasty, I noticed there were a large number of HBs, WRs, and ATHs claiming the top positions and overall taking up most spots on the available prospects. I went erased that dynasty and started a new one because I wanted prospects to be more evenly spread out amongst the different positions. It happened again, and I have erased and begun a new dynasty around ten times now, and every time the three positions are dominant for available prospects.

Multiple times in my restarts, the three positions would be the only positions within the top 30 spots on available prospects. This is largely indicative of the rest of prospects as when I refine my search to show prospects that list me in their top-10, the top prospects are always HBs, WRs, or ATHs and take up most spots on every star level. At one point the #12 ranked player to #21 were all WRs.

I'm only guessing that ATHs best positions will probably be HB or WR.

For me, as I only play with Washington, it will be a problem in the future as not being able to recruit any higher rated players at different positions means that almost the entire roster will have continually lower rated players while HB and WR will be the only position where I could produce higher rated players.

This is really the first time I've come here, but didn't see anything on the boards talking about this issue. I know this site has a reputation for hammering small issues, so I was surprised.

Anyone else having this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Possible Recruiting Issue: Emphasis on HB, WR, ATH

I havent started a dynasty on 12 yet, but you can set up your dynasty and then save it just before setting up your board. If you do that you can just quit out of the dynasty if the recruiting board isn't what you're looking for and it'll generate a new board.

No need to start from scratch every time.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's this way pretty much every year. The skill positions are the majority of recruits. It is still not too hard to find good players at other positions. You may have to give it a couple years to build your team up and gain a couple more pipeline states.

In my opinion its always too easy to get the positions you mentioned. I end up turning down 4 star WRs all the time after my 4th year because my roster is just too stacked with them.

I like having to fight for a good MLB or OG.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've never had this issue in the past. I just tried again, and of just the top 50 prospects the three positions held 36 of them. Thats nearly 4/5 of the top 50. WR's held positions #2-#11.

Once again, this is largely indicative of the recruiting class.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wonder how many of those WRs or HBs would work out on defense? Some of them may have talents for the other side of the ball too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 13

I agree. This is an issue. It's never been that way in the past for me. No 5 star QBs (I looked at thp and tha for every athlete). This seems odd. Maybe its just year one?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #7
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3

19 out of the top 25 players to recruit in my dynasty are WR's...
Old 07-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 13

Anyone beyond year 1? This is a big issue if it stays that ratio throughout dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »