Home

Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai

This is a discussion on Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #145
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai

If there's proof then why in my vid did a DE go after a HB on a play action pass?

I've had CPU DBs break the wrong way on pass routes when they were shook by my WRs.

I'm not saying there aren't issues, but to me they are being blown out of proportion.

Once again, yes I see issues. I just don't see them every single time. If you didn't play the game and only read this forum, you would think this happens every single play. I want the game to be better, and yes it can be.

2:25 - My WR destroys the CPU DB who clearly is not psychic! He's an idiot if anything. It is the "O" receiver, right side of screen.

With that said, I'm done even discussing things because I don't want to ruin the general tone of this thread. I'll enjoy my extra special copy which I must have.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #146
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
If there's proof then why in my vid did a DE go after a HB on a play action pass?

I've had CPU DBs break the wrong way on pass routes when they were shook by my WRs.

I'm not saying there aren't issues, but to me they are being blown out of proportion.

Once again, yes I see issues. I just don't see them every single time. If you didn't play the game and only read this forum, you would think this happens every single play. I want the game to be better, and yes it can be.

2:25 - My WR destroys the CPU DB who clearly is not psychic! He's an idiot if anything. It is the "O" receiver, right side of screen.

With that said, I'm done even discussing things because I don't want to ruin the general tone of this thread. I'll enjoy my extra special copy which I must have.
Not arguing here, but I am not sure what you're talking about at 2:25? On the INT return?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #147
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Not arguing here, but I am not sure what you're talking about at 2:25? On the INT return?
He throws a TD, the CB broke out instead of in.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #148
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
He throws a TD, the CB broke out instead of in.
Gotcha, at 2:28 going forward.

It actually looks like that play is Cover 3 zone with a blitz in there. That DB was running with that WR as he went through his zone, as he broke, he left the zone so the game in all of it's wisdom, had the DB release him. The deep third on the left does the same thing, he switches off on the route as the underneath zone let him do.

Of course, the middle deep third zone was inexplicably looking to the left receiver and really covering nothing.

At least that is what I see. So there wouldn't necessarily be "psychic" DB coverage on that since the game is programmed to bail on a guy once he leaves the zone. Of course, that video still shows miserable programming. That DB would have his eyes on the QB, see the route and break on it as it was released.

Can't program common sense though. I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »