Home

Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit?

This is a discussion on Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit?

One of the most aggravating aspects of this game has been the roster limit of 70. In real life, D1 teams are allowed 85 scholarships. So, when the game ships, almost 20% of the roster is absent not counting walkons.

While that is annoying, it's REALLY annoying when recruiting when you have to cut a good amount of players to get to 70. This is especially annoying when you are a good team and you are cutting really solid players.

This problem somewhat made sense in the PS1 days when maybe there wasn't enough memory for the increased players, but in the days of 360 and PS3 it just makes very little sense and seems lazy.

EDIT: I know it's not coming this year, I'm just hopeful for 2013 and beyond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit?

I thought they increased the limit for Madden. If that is the case, I assume NCAA will get the increase next year.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by don flamenco
One of the most aggravating aspects of this game has been the roster limit of 70. In real life, D1 teams are allowed 85 scholarships. So, when the game ships, almost 20% of the roster is absent not counting walkons.

While that is annoying, it's REALLY annoying when recruiting when you have to cut a good amount of players to get to 70. This is especially annoying when you are a good team and you are cutting really solid players.

This problem somewhat made sense in the PS1 days when maybe there wasn't enough memory for the increased players, but in the days of 360 and PS3 it just makes very little sense and seems lazy.

EDIT: I know it's not coming this year, I'm just hopeful for 2013 and beyond.
Yea, but any given "travel" team is only allowed to carry 63 players. So 70 is really enough. I'd rather see them leave the rosters the same and add FCS.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I thought they increased the limit for Madden. If that is the case, I assume NCAA will get the increase next year.
Madden has 32 teams. IDK how big of an increase it was, but I'll say 5.

This is 160 players.

With 120 FBS Teams, a 5 player per team increase is 600 players. Plus Texas State, UMASS, USA, and UTSA adding another team.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't think it's necessary given the way this game handles personnel and injuries. Depth isn't really all that important so a 70 man roster is fine. It sucks having to cut people but chances are that guy you cut was going to just ride the bench and be irrelevant anyway.

It'd be nice to have 85 man rosters but I don't think it'd actually add much to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2003
Yea, but any given "travel" team is only allowed to carry 63 players. So 70 is really enough. I'd rather see them leave the rosters the same and add FCS.
There's a huge difference between increasing roster size and adding FCS teams. FCS teams require doubling the number of assets (uniforms, stadiums, mascots, etc) whereas roster size is just adding more numbers (but likely requiring more RAM used to track them in game).
Old 08-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

If the expanded rosters were made into an important aspect of the game, forcing you to choose the travel roster, redo the depth chart, make player rotations important, etc, I think it would be fun. But if it was just increased rosters with no other changes, it would be way too much.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #8
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

I wanna be able to stockpile my 20 5* WR's dammit!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »