Home

Recruiting is driving me crazy!

This is a discussion on Recruiting is driving me crazy! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #17
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting is driving me crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
I don't get the complaints here. The walkons aren't taking any spots that you were potentially gonna fill with others.
That's not the point. I was done recruiting. That's fine if players want to walk on but why are they given scholarships and a place on the team? It's completely unrealistic. That's the point.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
I'm completely fed up with the half *** job EA had done with this series since switching to next gen. It's been a real sorry effort. The game is not realistic at all. Dynasty is a mess this year. This is just one of those small things that irritates to me to no end. Give us an option to turn off walk ons. I don't want these guys. It's completely unrealistic. Give us the option to invite players we want to walk on. Don't just throw a bunch of random *** guys on our roster.

Why don't they just create an additional screen during the off-season. Handle it much like transfers. Show all the guys who want to walk on and let us decide if we want to accept them or not. There, problem solved.
I'm pretty sure this is a bug. This isn't how it's worked in the past. Then the walkons were added only to fill needs and only after position changes, which makes sense and is the way it should be.
  1. This allows the CPU teams to sign guys they need/want and then the leftovers are used for walkons instead of good players attempting to walkon to schools that'll cut them instead of signing with a school that'll play them.
  2. It isn't until after position changes that you even know if you have a need. If I move 1 of my 6 tackles to guard to fill a need, then I don't need a guard. If I sign 10 ATHs, who knows where they'll play so therefore, who knows what I need?
Based on the 2 points above, I'm pretty sure this new behavior is a bug (and an annoying one at that).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #19
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
That's not the point. I was done recruiting. That's fine if players want to walk on but why are they given scholarships and a place on the team? It's completely unrealistic. That's the point.
THEN CUT THEM.

Then you can pretend like it never happened, and everything is back to normal! Who cares if it's unrealistic, it literally takes the push of a button to fix.

That feature is there for idiots who completely don't recruit for a certain position. So they have SOMEBODY to put on the field.

"How DARE you, EA, for giving away my unused scholarships!! Now I have to push a button to get these unwanted players off my team!"

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #20
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
THEN CUT THEM.

Then you can pretend like it never happened, and everything is back to normal! Who cares if it's unrealistic, it literally takes the push of a button to fix.

That feature is there for idiots who completely don't recruit for a certain position. So they have SOMEBODY to put on the field.

"How DARE you, EA, for giving away my unused scholarships!! Now I have to push a button to get these unwanted players off my team!"
You're missing the point. Every team only has a certain number of scholarships. For most teams it should be 70. For some of the smaller teams it should be around 60. Every year we're given 25 scholarships regardless of the number of seniors we have. In past years you could just recruit the number of seniors you have leaving and be done. This year the computer will automatically fill all 25 positions. That is a half *** job on EA's part.

So what if it only takes the click of a button? It doesn't excuse the half *** job done by EA. I'm not saying it's game breaking, it's just very, very annoying. Every year I've got to cut 10-15 guys. As someone who likes to micromanage my roster it drives me crazy. Especially when I've got to seek out those 10-15 guys I didn't even want on the roster in the first place.

Sorry that I don't shut up and hand EA my money. They did a poor job testing this game and the community needs to make sure EA knows it.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #21
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

Quote:
You're missing the point. Every team only has a certain number of scholarships. For most teams it should be 70. For some of the smaller teams it should be around 60. Every year we're given 25 scholarships regardless of the number of seniors we have. In past years you could just recruit the number of seniors you have leaving and be done. This year the computer will automatically fill all 25 positions. That is a half *** job on EA's part.

So what if it only takes the click of a button? It doesn't excuse the half *** job done by EA. I'm not saying it's game breaking, it's just very, very annoying. Every year I've got to cut 10-15 guys. As someone who likes to micromanage my roster it drives me crazy. Especially when I've got to seek out those 10-15 guys I didn't even want on the roster in the first place.

Sorry that I don't shut up and hand EA my money. They did a poor job testing this game and the community needs to make sure EA knows it.
I understand your point just fine, and I understand how scholarships work. It just seems like the couple minutes it would take you to fix the problem isn't worth all this complaining...

But whatever, to each his own.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 06:51 PM   #22
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

i agree with op its annoying....if they are walk ons...then fine...dont make us cut em cause we dont have a schorship for them. make them walk ons
Old 08-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #23
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I understand your point just fine, and I understand how scholarships work. It just seems like the couple minutes it would take you to fix the problem isn't worth all this complaining...

But whatever, to each his own.
You're still kind of missing his point. The game is giving him good players that have no place on his team that could play at other schools. These are guys he's not recruiting at all and they still end up on his roster just to be cut, and the other teams that were actually recruiting the guy get a lesser player or no one at all.

He doesn't want to cut these guys because they can be solid players if they'd have signed with the right school instead of being forced on him, but now he has to cut them and they just disappear forever.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #24
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
You're still kind of missing his point. The game is giving him good players that have no place on his team that could play at other schools. These are guys he's not recruiting at all and they still end up on his roster just to be cut, and the other teams that were actually recruiting the guy get a lesser player or no one at all.

He doesn't want to cut these guys because they can be solid players if they'd have signed with the right school instead of being forced on him, but now he has to cut them and they just disappear forever.
No, the OP said he is getting a bunch of 1 or 2 star guys walking on that he has to cut.

There's no way that essentially "deleting" 10 1 or 2 star recruits has any effect on the talent pool as a whole. 1 and 2 star guys start out in the 40-50 OVR range. Most of them can't even start at 1* schools for their first year or two.

If you're cutting 10 4* guys from your team, yeah I can see an issue there, but he's not. It's 1 and 2* nobodies.

-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »