Home

Recruiting is driving me crazy!

This is a discussion on Recruiting is driving me crazy! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0
Recruiting is driving me crazy!

Why am I getting commitments from players I've never even talked to or offered? I don't have any of the recruiting assistance turned on. Yet ever year I'm getting a bunch of 1 and 2 star guys I haven't even recruited. It's driving me crazy because I then have to go in and cut all the players I didn't recruit during the off-season.

This is driving me absolutely crazy. This past season in my dynasty with Army I only had 10 seniors. So I only recruited 10 players because I have a lot of talented young guys on the team. At the end of the season I have over 20 commitments most from guys who I've never even talked to or looked at. I don't understand what the problem is. Now I have to go in and cut all these players. It's frustrating as hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Recruiting is driving me crazy!

Walk-ons. If you dont sign 25 scholarship players, it will fill the remeaining schollies to walk-on players. Just cut them and move on. Some of them were actually decent if you're a good program.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

That is completely unrealistic. Walk ons don't have scholarships when they walk on. They earn them in practice. Also, teams don't have 25 scholarships every year. Some years teams will have more and some years they will have less. The entire recruiting process on this game is ridiculous. They need to put some time into developing a better, more realistic method of recruiting. A dynamic scholarship supply would be a good start.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't know why EA changed the game to do this (it didn't in previous games) but I really don't like it. I had a 4* good looking OLB sign with me despite having 100% interest and a scholly offer from Iowa. So instead of becoming a Hawkeye and giving me some competition, he was cut, never to play college ball again.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I seriously don't understand what the big deal is. If you don't sign 25 guys the CPU gives you walk ons.

Cut them and move on if you don't want them on your team.........

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I seriously don't understand what the big deal is. If you don't sign 25 guys the CPU gives you walk ons.

Cut them and move on if you don't want them on your team.........
I explained in the post above yours what the big deal is. By having the CPU add good players to your team that will just get cut, they're not ending up on CPU controlled teams which makes them less competitive.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I explained in the post above yours what the big deal is. By having the CPU add good players to your team that will just get cut, they're not ending up on CPU controlled teams which makes them less competitive.
All I have ever seen them add for me is like 50 OVR rated walk ons.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

Last edited by gopher_guy; 08-12-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #8
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
The game doesn't just add a guy to your roster who is a 4 star and has other offers unless he's on your board and you've been recruiting him. That's your fault you signed him. If you wanted him at Iowa you should have stopped recruiting him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »