Home

NCAA Football 12: Qb's Gone Wild

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12: Qb's Gone Wild within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
NCAA Football 12: Qb's Gone Wild

I've noticed that if my QB...especially a young QB get's off to a slow start or begins to struggle, he becomes more wild than Mitch "Wild Thang" Williams. I mean they won't hit the broad side of a barn lol. I was playing UF last night and Bryn Renner started out okay. He threw a pick...and the Florida crowed ratched it up a few notches and next thing I know Renner was tossing it all over the place. Got so bad I had to bench him! This was with Home Field Advantage off lol!

I can dig it though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 12: Qb's Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I've noticed that if my QB...especially a young QB get's off to a slow start or begins to struggle, he becomes more wild than Mitch "Wild Thang" Williams. I mean they won't hit the broad side of a barn lol. I was playing UF last night and Bryn Renner started out okay. He threw a pick...and the Florida crowed ratched it up a few notches and next thing I know Renner was tossing it all over the place. Got so bad I had to bench him! This was with Home Field Advantage off lol!

I can dig it though!
Yeah, hfa gets crazy this year. I noticed it last night playing at penn st. The more i got rattled thw worse i played. The worse i played the more i got rattled. By the 4th quarter i had to scream uncle.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom

I can dig it though!
If you see your qb's icon as blue I always sub in the 2nd string qb for a while until my qb is no longer rattled/cold. This always helps the situation. Then put him back in and you should be ok as long as you are careful with him and avoid further mistakes. If you are not however just rinse and repeat. Works for me, hope it helps.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

When my QB gets cool I call more bubbles, WR mid screens, HB screens, sort outs, slants, etc. Essentially I give him easy passes that he can complete to get his confidence back. If my guy is a scrambler (and I strive to have all of my QBs as scramblers) then I'll also call some dedicated QB runs to get him back in the groove.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

If the qb goes cold. Start thowing easy passes to d TE. Or screen passes to get hos confidence bk. Dats all u gotta do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I haven't noticed any kind of home field advantage. The CPU play-calling sucks regardless of where the game's being played.

I wish camera shake was in.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Rookie

IrishNDFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Personally I like the fact that my team can have an off-day. Sometimes no matter what I do, my QB just doesn't have it that game. I have also had some games where my O-line gets their lunch money taken, leaving my QB to run for his life all game.

If my QB is doing really bad (3 int), then I will sub. Most of the time, I switch my gameplan to a run-first offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »