Home

Unofficial NCAA 12 Recruiting Thread

This is a discussion on Unofficial NCAA 12 Recruiting Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Unofficial NCAA 12 Recruiting Thread

I know many of us, myself included, strive on building programs from the ground up and the way we do that is through recruiting. I know people may have problems trying to recruit players, bring players to their school, or just getting their prospects to commit so maybe we can start a thread that helps many OS users with this aspect of the game. So if you'd like to post your philosophy, how you recruit, who you recruit, why you recruit that way, how successful it is, and what level of difficulty your on then that would be perfect. I just feel like may users on here have questions on how to recruit and we just don't have one designated thread for recruiting.

I know when I recruit I go to the max number of scholarships on my board, so 25 players, and sort them on how they are interested in my school. I usually recruit about 2+ beyond my position needs (ex. I need 1 QB so I recruit 2-3 of them). I try to stay in my pipeline state unless there is a guy I really want or has listed me in the top 3 of the original schools. I usually bring in a top 25 class with a 2* school so I would say its not too bad.

If you'd like to post your recruiting philosophy, tidbits, stories, guys youve recruited that have turned out to be studs, or just anything to do in recruiting then put it here. Mods, if you feel like this thread is not necessary then please close it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Unofficial NCAA 12 Recruiting Thread

I have a dynasty with UK I just signed the number 1 quarterback in the country. One thing that I do is after about week 3 I go look at some of the top prospects that still have 10 or 8 schools remaining. I then see if they have any offers, if not I add them to my board and offer them. Often times it takes 3 or 4 weeks until you get on there list but I sneak recruits in like this all the time. If they are in your pipeline its even easier.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
3 tier recruiting: weeks 1-7, weeks 8- end of regular season, offseason. I go hard after every recruit and add more to the board when I have it locked up.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

What exactly does the recruiting advisor help you with and is it really beneficial in recruiting or is it a waste of 3 dollars??
Old 09-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
What exactly does the recruiting advisor help you with and is it really beneficial in recruiting or is it a waste of 3 dollars??
While playing in Dynasty Mode (Offline or Online) your Recruiting Advisor will bring you one of the following four items every week. Information on Recruits that you can add to your Recruiting Board that you may have not known they were interested. Hints on the top Pitches for some of the Recruits on your Recruiting Board. Hints on which Prospects on your Recruiting Board are willing to listen to your pitches more than other weeks. Inside information on which Recruits will sign to your school instantly. This will affect every team you control in Dynasty Mode and Online Dynasty Mode

Never used it so I can't judge its usefulness
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
I know many of us, myself included, strive on building programs from the ground up and the way we do that is through recruiting.
If you're building from the ground up, know your real needs. It's not just important to see where you need a guy or two next year. Chances are, you have many spots that need to be built up. If you don't have young talent at a position that is key to your offense/defense, consider it a need and push that position just as much as you'd push one that won't have the minimum amount next year.

Quote:
I know people may have problems trying to recruit players, bring players to their school, or just getting their prospects to commit so maybe we can start a thread that helps many OS users with this aspect of the game. So if you'd like to post your philosophy, how you recruit, who you recruit, why you recruit that way, how successful it is, and what level of difficulty your on then that would be perfect.
First, I prefer to recruit on Heisman though one of my OD's uses AA. Here are a few basic things I do right when I've taken over a team.

1) Be realistic. If you're rebuilding a program, you're not going to be bringing in a top 10 class in year 1. Go for the guys that are interested in your school, and create depth. 1-2* recruits aren't all good but they're not all bad either. You can find some guys with a lot of upside or who can do 1-2 things VERY well. You have to fit them more like Tetris pieces than you will once you're bringing in studs.

2) Don't recruit everyone on your board right away. Get the most interested guys to sign quickly. Usually a hard push early should net you 4-5 commits in a few weeks, giving you a chance to generate interest from other guys before visit season happens.

3) Only offer once you are #1 on a guy's board (and offer as soon as you are -- you might get an instant commit and save some time), unless you need the points to stay in the running for the guy. If he's softed to another school, you might wanna offer. If you're #2 but he's visiting that week, offer.

4) Start making reaches once you've created depth. Hopefully you've created some depth around weeks 8-11. Once you do that, you should start having extra time even with the guys you're still recruiting. Go back in and find some guys a little out of your reach (top 3* guys, some 4* guys) who haven't signed or even been offered by anyone. Add them, offer them a scholarship and some promises (you should be able to offer any 4* No Redshirt + Guaranteed Playing Time if you have a bad team).

4A) Be careful with victory-type promises. If you're going to promise Freshman AA, you better be going to the guy all day at the goal line or making him your returner. I would not suggest this for anyone on your front 7 or front 5. Be wary of winning record vs Rivals.

5) Know when it's just not going to happen. Some recruits just aren't interested in you even if things seem to match up. Cut bait and move on from them ASAP.

This strategy has worked pretty well for me with two 1* schools. Offline as Eastern Michigan -- I have them in year 5 now with classes as follows: year 1 in the 90's, year 2 in the 70's, year 3 #34, year 4 #12.

Online as WaZu, I don't remember what my year 1 draft class was, but I remember I was 15 spots higher than any other 1-star school and that was while going 3-9 on the season.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Thx ibh24, can't wait to try this. I have zilch to contribute to this thread other than what not to do.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
Rookie

How can you tell if a recruit is a junior college player? I saw plenty of them the last few years, but I haven't seen any in my online dynasty this year. Either I'm just not seeing it in the player info or there are none at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »