Home

Why is it that...

This is a discussion on Why is it that... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Why is it that...

...nobody except wide receivers, running backs, and quarterbacks ever get hurt? I've been an avid NCAA gamer since 07 or 08, and only once--one time this season, my offensive lineman went down on a sweep play, but he was fine after the first quarter--have I seen a position besides those three go down.

In real life, the offensive line is probably the most injury-riddled position in the league, and unless you simulate a game that doesn't happen. Why??????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Why is it that...

It seems to me that only my defense gets hurt. I've lost my #1 CB for the season with a torn rotator cuff, #1 ROLB for 7 weeks with a broken wrist, #1 LE for 4 weeks with a high ankle sprain, not to mention the numerous game-ending injuries, my offense is usually full strength game-in and game-out while my defense is about 75%. It shows in the numbers too at full strength my defense gives up about 17 points a with one or more starters injured for more than a play or two we give up about 33 points, my defense is already rated at 87 with key players out we're sitting at about the 79-84 range. My o-line is usually healthy except for my LT who keeps getting injured on punts and fgs.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why is it that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersfan4eva
...nobody except wide receivers, running backs, and quarterbacks ever get hurt? I've been an avid NCAA gamer since 07 or 08, and only once--one time this season, my offensive lineman went down on a sweep play, but he was fine after the first quarter--have I seen a position besides those three go down.

In real life, the offensive line is probably the most injury-riddled position in the league, and unless you simulate a game that doesn't happen. Why??????
While it's true that O-linemen don't get hurt as often as they should, I've seen injuries to every other position except for my kicker (my punter got hit with a "will return soon" on a kickoff before). I've had significant (5+ WKs) injuries to my DE, LBs, CBs, and Safeties in my 3 .5 seasons so far in my dynasty.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »