Home

Differentiating Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Differentiating Quarterbacks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #41
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Differentiating Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc314
uhhhh, theres this crazy rating called "AWARENESS"...............

I dont think awareness does anything for human controlled players. Could be wrong though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 3

I wish they would bring composure back in. Madden has more throwing ratings than ncaa: thp, short throw accuracy, medium acc, long acc, throw on the run acc. It really makes the passing game feel better. I CANT BELIEVE this is still not in ncaa!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #43
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
I wish they would bring composure back in. Madden has more throwing ratings than ncaa: thp, short throw accuracy, medium acc, long acc, throw on the run acc. It really makes the passing game feel better. I CANT BELIEVE this is still not in ncaa!
I could not agree more. Why does the QB's only have 2 ratings for throwing the ball. I love in Madden finding that QB who is good in the short to mid range and going Joe Montana on everyone.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I wish NCAA would include the Madden ratings, short accuracy, medium, long, play action, and have different releases, and I also wish both games would reintroduce an updated vision cone and have it optional, but have there be a tutorial drill for it so people aren't so lost with it like when they first had it. Most people still to this day do not realize you could hold the right trigger to snap it to the WR, if they had known that from the start, I think there wouldn't be as much negativity around it.

The vision cone was one of the more realistic things EA ever tried and I think it needs to return. It really made passing more realistic, and paired with the new pass defense we received this year, it would be an awesome experience. It actually reading the QB's eyes possible as well as looking off defenders. It was a realistic feature that was also balanced, and we need more of those, not less.

― Plato
Old 09-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #45
Rookie

ajwhawkeye12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLev45
I actually loved the vision cone, and wish they would bring it back, or at least give us the option to turn it on. It was much more realistic for the sim style player when the QB could only make an accurate pass to a receiver he was looking at.

Then you had the option to hold R2 and press the receivers button to snap the cone over to him. This mimicked a QB going through a progression perfectly.

Finally, the Andrew Lucks of the world had much larger cones, and thus once you snapped over to a receiver on the post, you could also see the receivers in your peripherals, which makes sense. The great QBs aren't locking on.

IMO, taking the quarterback vision cone out of the game completely because the casual gamer found it too hard was a major injustice to hardcore sim gamers.
Totally agree with you. I think to satisfy both advanced and novice games they should put the cone back in the game and just make it where...
Freshman/Varsity difficulty: The cone is automatically off
All American: Have the cone on, but you'd have the option to turn it off
Heisman: You HAVE to play with the cone on

Also... kinda like the idea of removing audibles and hot routes for really young QBs. Maybe a happy medium on that would be to just scale back the number of audibles they are able to do. For example a younger QB can only do formation audibles(right stick), but not do your other audibles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 01:20 AM   #46
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwhawkeye12
Totally agree with you. I think to satisfy both advanced and novice games they should put the cone back in the game and just make it where...
Freshman/Varsity difficulty: The cone is automatically off
All American: Have the cone on, but you'd have the option to turn it off
Heisman: You HAVE to play with the cone on

Also... kinda like the idea of removing audibles and hot routes for really young QBs. Maybe a happy medium on that would be to just scale back the number of audibles they are able to do. For example a younger QB can only do formation audibles(right stick), but not do your other audibles.
Pretty solid ideas. I'm hesitant about taking audibles away from less experienced QBs though. It would make sense for Pro-set teams that give their QB freedom at the line, but a lot of the spread no-huddle teams get up to the line and then have the play signaled in thereby negating the need for QB smarts.

I think AWR, vision cone, squiggly play art, bobbled snaps, and such may be the way to go.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »