Home

What is the point of having a pipleine state?

This is a discussion on What is the point of having a pipleine state? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What is the point of having a pipleine state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc415
Purchasing pipeline states?????????????
there is a DLC that lets you get pipelines somehow...dont know what it costs or how it works though...

Before this, the last NCAA I played was ncaa10 or maybe 09 and I didnt think the roster requirement existed for pipelining a state...you just had to go there and win a few times a season for a couple/few seasons I thought...I liked that better because now, you can sign 4 1 star bums from CA and TX as backup center, guard, DT, FB and TE (guys in positions that only get to come out on special teams or something) and in one season have those two powerhouse states as pipelines that quick.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout75
Via dynasty time savers you can purchase an extra pipeline state for real money. Straight up cheeze in my opinion but to each their own.
LMAO I agree but hey if people are dumb enough to want to buy em might as well take their money lol
Old 09-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
there is a DLC that lets you get pipelines somehow...dont know what it costs or how it works though...

Before this, the last NCAA I played was ncaa10 or maybe 09 and I didnt think the roster requirement existed for pipelining a state...you just had to go there and win a few times a season for a couple/few seasons I thought...I liked that better because now, you can sign 4 1 star bums from CA and TX as backup center, guard, DT, FB and TE (guys in positions that only get to come out on special teams or something) and in one season have those two powerhouse states as pipelines that quick.
It worked the same way in the past (i.e. 4 players from a state), it just wasn't explicitly explained.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Pipelines have 2 huge benefits:
You get 25% more points for guys from your pipeline states. This helps in several ways:
  • Allows you to spend 80% of the time on a guy and still get the same # of points as spending 100% on a non-pipeline guy.
  • Allows you to sign guys quicker so that you can use their minutes on others.
  • When battling an even school that doesn't have the pipeline it makes it very difficult for them to keep pace.
  • It allows you to compete with a superior school if they don't have a pipeline.
  • etc.
The other advantage of pipelines is that more recruits from that state are initially interested in your school than would be if you didn't have it as a pipeline.

I'd never buy a DLC, but the first thing I do when starting a dynasty is seeing what pipelines I have and then establishing ones that I don't have. IE. If I only have 3 kids from TX and 15 from MI and I'm deciding between a 4* kid from MI and a 3* kid from TX, I'd choose the kid from TX so that it gets me a pipeline there. The 3* kid may never be a superstar, but the TX recruits that follow him in later years because of the pipeline might be.

You always should strive for FL, CA, and TX as pipelines as well as your home state. Outside of that, you can try for some other good local recruiting states (OH, PA, GA, LA). I'm not sure what good local western recruiting states would be.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-14-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm not sure what good local western recruiting states would be.
Arizona has always been a very good state for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »