Home

Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

This is a discussion on Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2011, 02:24 AM   #33
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Has anyone been able to get a head coaching job at any substantial school?

Yea I'm having the same problem, except as the HC for Stanford. I have had an A+ prestige for 2 years now (only my 3rd year) so I was hoping someone would have offered me a job (I would only leave for the SEC, I want to coach at LSU) but no luck.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:23 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree with everyone. It does take a little while until things start happening though. I started off my dynasty with Akron and changed their playbook around to run the midline option with some spread option packages. Year 1 had 7 wins but no conference championship and no bowl win, year 2 also had 7 wins with no conference championship and no bowl win. Year 3 was completely horrible from having no scrambling type qb, and finished with 4 wins, but was able to steal a 4* juco junior scrambling qb. Year 5 brought a completely different tune to 10 wins with losses to Ohio State and Miami (FL), a conference championship and a bowl win. Then offered the HC job at Penn State and took it. Just have to stick with, i had multiple OC and HC offers out there, mostly lower prestige schools, but I tried not to ruin my coaches prestige by bouncing around until I found an offer I liked.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #35
Rookie

strive's Arena

OVR: 0

I started as an OC @ SDSU. I stayed three years there, and moved onto the HC job @ WVU not a big job offer, but still pretty good. I stayed a year there after they didn't give me a more lucrative contract(they were trying to sign me to another "1 year" contract"), so I moved onto LSU who had fallen to 4 stars.

Something to consider; Most of the big time programs have 3 or 4 year contracts, so the first two years are pretty slow on offers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #36
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Its good to hear that CC is working properly now.

For those of you who started out as coordinators, is super-sim fixed?

I know before the 2nd patch super-sim was messed up and you basically had to watch the other side of the ball if you wanted to get a realistic time of possession.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 22

Two seasons as mid tenn coach...i got an offer to be uconn coach, I accepted I also got a five star wr in the process
Old 09-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 22
And yea the sim stuff is fixed
Old 09-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #39
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
And yea the sim stuff is fixed
Thanks OGKing
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #40
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Its good to hear that CC is working properly now.

For those of you who started out as coordinators, is super-sim fixed?

I know before the 2nd patch super-sim was messed up and you basically had to watch the other side of the ball if you wanted to get a realistic time of possession.
How do you conclude that it is fixed? Coaches still progress too fast. The guy in the post above talks about going from OC at SDSU to HC at WVU? How far has WVU fallen? That is a completely unrealistic move. Same for the OC from MSU going to be the HC at LSU. No matter how successful SDSU or MSU was, the only HC job that coordinator should get is a lower level DI job. That's just the way it works. Maybe my standards for a "good" and "working" coaching carousel are too high, but I definitely wouldn't call it fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »